Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Talisman of Binding

24

Comments

  • BukariinBukariin ✭✭✭ - Distinguished Member Posts: 438 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    It doesn't matter whether they're "worth the cost."  1000cr, 2500cr, 500cr, 150cr, it's still going to have an absurd and stifling effect on group combat.

  • DunnDunn Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 6,233 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    So... in city now, if someone has this artie, you have to leave room into another totem in order to have a chance to leave the city. Nice.



  • SenaSena Member Posts: 3,957 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    How fast does it recharge? When your escape is prevented, is any balance/eq cost from the escape ability also prevented? Does your raido rune fade if your raido attempt is blocked by the artefact?

  • ErnamErnam ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited August 2014
    Dunn said:

    So... in city now, if someone has this artie, you have to leave room into another totem in order to have a chance to leave the city. Nice.


    So in other words, city defenses are no longer pointless.  +1



    Sena said:

    How fast does it recharge? When your escape is prevented, is any balance/eq cost from the escape ability also prevented? Does your raido rune fade if your raido attempt is blocked by the artefact?


    1% every 12 seconds, 100% in 20 minutes.  5% used for every 10 seconds.  Simply put, it's not that big of a freaking deal.

    "Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."


          Manda  |  Godzilla  |  SLC
      1. DunnDunn Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 6,233 @@ - Legendary Achaean

        City defenses were pointless?



        Ernam
      2. AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean

        This is a ganking artefact, I would have thought most of you would be happy.

      3. AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean

        Daeir said:

        I'm sure there will be a Talisman Binder that prevents the Talisman of Binding from affecting a room when used in it for the paltry sum of 1500cr released in a few months or so.

        This reciprocal paywall stuff is ridiculous. I think I'm done.

        Someone payed 800cr to get earrings with someone else, you can't honestly expect to stop that simply because it's annoying without paying credits to do it.

      4. MorthifMorthif Member Posts: 1,686 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        Jhui said:
        gotta admit this is a pretty game-changing artefact in the wrong direction for all of Santar's reasons.  And I'm all about some new arties, especially OP ones.

        Now, if this were placed into a class skill of a neutral class that is lacking at the moment, it would be an incredibly awesome counter for everyone to have and expect.

        He means Paladin

        JhuiTesha
      5. NimNim Member Posts: 2,015 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        Achimrst said:

        Daeir said:

        I'm sure there will be a Talisman Binder that prevents the Talisman of Binding from affecting a room when used in it for the paltry sum of 1500cr released in a few months or so.

        This reciprocal paywall stuff is ridiculous. I think I'm done.

        Someone payed 800cr to get earrings with someone else, you can't honestly expect to stop that simply because it's annoying without paying credits to do it.

        I can and do expect any game I play to not have retarded things. If it has retarded things, I don't buy it. Why pay for something dumb? There are lots of not-dumb things I could spend money on instead. Ergo those 800cr earrings will never make me consider buying a counter - they'll just make me less likely to spend money on Achaea. It's a moot point though because 2000cr veils already guarantee that I won't.

      6. ErnamErnam ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
        Achimrst said:

        This is a ganking artefact, I would have thought most of you would be happy.

        I bought one purely for city defense....

        The Jhui earring crew is CONSTANTLY using earrings to hop into and out of Targossas, with virtually no risk of death.  Using it offensively (off totems) is dramatically less effective.

        "Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."


              Manda  |  Godzilla  |  SLC
            Shiro
          1. JhuiJhui Member Posts: 1,958 @@ - Legendary Achaean

            Ernam said:

            Achimrst said:

            This is a ganking artefact, I would have thought most of you would be happy.

            I bought one purely for city defense....

            The Jhui earring crew is CONSTANTLY using earrings to hop into and out of Targossas, with virtually no risk of death.  Using it offensively (off totems) is dramatically less effective.

            Right, I think people are just saying this isn't the best solution the situation you are describing

            image
            MorthifMelodie
          2. AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,282 @@ - Legendary Achaean
            edited August 2014

            Edit: scratch that. Earrings are still awesome.  Serpents/bm should rejoice, though. Evade ftw.

            ShirszaeBluefDalranAchimrst
          3. TalysinTalysin ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent Member Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent

            Yeah totally agree, minuet does need to be nerfed.

            JhuiMorthif
          4. TeshaTesha Member Posts: 2,935 @@ - Legendary Achaean

            I'm grateful some counter to earrings exists now, but I admit I'm disappointed it also blocks the things that were already balanced, such as angel refuge and pilgrimage. This only solves half the problem of earrings, which is escaping. It's still completely easy to infiltrate with a small group and suddenly earring in with a large group when you get hit with no means of preventing it beyond "kill them faster". I agree with Jhui, I think this would have gone better on a neutral class rather than an artifact to counter other artifacts. 

            The concerns over finances determining combat strength are legitimate in my opinion. Artifacts were already hugely powerful with gigantic turnoffs to those who don't want to invest real money (veils); now there is an artifact that counters aspects of skills on top of that. The flood sceptre was already annoying for that reason, but I'm concerned over the message this artifact is sending. The focus is shifting further away from "counter things with smart play" and further towards "counter things with more money", and I think that's very unfortunate for a game with such amazing depth.

             i'm a rebel

            DaeirTharvisHellen
          5. ErnamErnam ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

            Daslin said:

            Remove the artie, give the artie's ability to Shaman. That way everyone can have it. And then Targ has to admit that Shamans are okay to have. Then they have bind/piety. 


            Then it'd be like bard, and we'd have to sacrifice a token individual or two just to Bind (/dirge) for an otherwise useless class.

            "Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."


                  Manda  |  Godzilla  |  SLC
                AustereShirszae
              1. AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,282 @@ - Legendary Achaean
                Because bards are totally worthless besides dirge...
                What? 

                Dalran
              2. AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,282 @@ - Legendary Achaean
                Not going to lie,  at first glance,  I read that as Tard-bards.

                BluefTharvisTalysinXith
              3. ErnamErnam ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
                edited August 2014

                Jhui said:

                Austere said:
                Because bards are totally worthless besides dirge...
                What? 

                he must be mean Targ-bards, they are different from dunn-bards and xinna-bards.


                What's amazing in 1v1 combat vs. what's amazing in raids (which is what you were dicussing) are totally different.  The fact that Minuet is grossly broken as an ability doesn't actually help much in raids.  I definitely agree that for the time being, Bard is probably #1 in 1v1 combat, solely because of Minuet.

                Once you start triggering off of Limerick (looking at you, Ashtan), things do get a little tricky though, but that's only really effective for ganking - still not that significant in anyting more than 2v2 combat.

                I'd rather have a BM at my side any day of the week.  Or a monk, knight, magi, serpent, sylvan, dragon, jester, or priest.

                "Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."


                      Manda  |  Godzilla  |  SLC
                    DunnShirszaeAustere
                  1. DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygenMember Posts: 2,492 @@ - Legendary Achaean
                    Ernam said:

                    Daslin said:

                    Remove the artie, give the artie's ability to Shaman. That way everyone can have it. And then Targ has to admit that Shamans are okay to have. Then they have bind/piety. 


                    Then it'd be like bard, and we'd have to sacrifice a token individual or two just to Bind (/dirge) for an otherwise useless class.

                    lol. If you think bard is useless... you're losin' it m8

                  2. ErnamErnam ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
                    edited August 2014
                    Daslin said:

                    lol. If you think bard is useless... you're losin' it m8

                    Having played tri-trans bard on two characters, I know exactly what they can do.  Unfortunately, aside from Xinna-Ayoxele-like scripted venomlocks, it's really not that much, in group combat.  The only thing I really consider special about bard is their ability to spam impatience, and of course somersault out of nearly every kill strategy in the game.  Still, doesn't help much in a snipe fight.

                    "Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."


                          Manda  |  Godzilla  |  SLC
                      1. DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygenMember Posts: 2,492 @@ - Legendary Achaean

                        Not everything has to be Godzilla, brah. And, for the record, as it's been pointed out to you numerous times, Ashtan don't trigger off shit. S'called paying attention.


                        Now, back to the matter at hand, give refunds on talisman, cut it from the shop, give the ability to Shamans in the changes, force Targ to accept Shamans if they wanna stop the earrings.

                      2. DunnDunn Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 6,233 @@ - Legendary Achaean

                        I think he means affliction tracking. There's nothing wrong with that. Unless he wants to be a complete hypocrite.



                        DaslinIsaiahSherazad
                      3. TerraTerra ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
                        edited August 2014

                        I don't even use an affliction tracker of any kind, and neither does Ayoxele.

                        Not that it's bad to. I just like to have more control over my offense.

                        SherazadTalysin
                      4. VaehlVaehl Member Posts: 962 @@ - Legendary Achaean
                        Ernam said:
                        Daslin said:

                        lol. If you think bard is useless... you're losin' it m8

                        Having played tri-trans bard on two characters, I know exactly what they can do.  Unfortunately, aside from Xinna-Ayoxele-like scripted venomlocks, it's really not that much, in group combat.  The only thing I really consider special about bard is their ability to spam impatience, and of course somersault out of nearly every kill strategy in the game.  Still, doesn't help much in a snipe fight.

                        I don't script offense, or even have an aff tracker...

                        Thanks for the compliment :smiley: 

                        Sherazad
                      5. XerXer LangleyMember Posts: 804
                        edited August 2014
                        Ayoxele and Xinna don't even use affliction tracking (at least Ayoxele doesn't for sure) lol. Not hard to spam and just watch what you eat and stack afflictions around that, setting aside a separate pool of afflictions for each person. Ayo and I used to lock before I even had a decent system as Shaman/Infernal. Ayoxele can't even code, that scrub. Needed help to make PT announces and whatnot.

                        EDIT: LOL we all posted at the same time. 
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                        e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
                      Sign In to Comment.