Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Guard warning banned cities

CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
So since cities are so hostile to each other these days I thought it would be nice to have the guards warn people when they are not welcome there.

In the instance of newbie ashtani or mhaldoriani walks into Targ, (assuming there not enemied) the guards tell them they are not welcome here or there's a ban on Ashtan/Mhaldorians in the city and they need to leave.

This way people can see that there not welcome into the city instead of person warning them they are not welcome / just enemying them.

TharvisTeshaShunsuiAchimrstVellaAntidasKaitaliYaeAlcinaeMelodieKeiShirszaeMannimarSabahSylvanceAlrenaRileyBluefSynbiosWynedereXaeJhaeliViciousAveriAlexandreMishgulAraeusWei

Comments

  • TeshaTesha Member Posts: 2,886 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I'm not sure how difficult it would be to add an 'unwelcome' politics thing, but having that with a configurable message would be awesome. That way each city can have their own flavor of warning.

     i'm a rebel

    Araeus
  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,272 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I see no need for this. You either find out from your own city, or someone in that city tells you to leave. No need to take interaction further away from the players
    image
    SoulfyrianiStrataSylvanceVicious
  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tesha said:
    I'm not sure how difficult it would be to add an 'unwelcome' politics thing, but having that with a configurable message would be awesome. That way each city can have their own flavor of warning.
    Don't we already have city relations set towards other cities?  Such as Mhaldor being hostile to everyone :P

    I think it would be fun to have a little message for the guards to say to people, I mean Ashtani guards already slap people on the butts ;)
    VellaSabahVicious
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Siduri said:
    I agree they should have hostile reactions, like disgust, or a harsh stare.
    I disagree that this should save us the freedom of interacting with them the way we wish.

    I know at least one person that I warned to leave Targossas who came back for citizenship a few days later because, hey, she liked the interaction and the effort that was put into exposing the -reasons- of our enmities.
    The very point of this idea though was that people don't interact with people, they just enemy them and let guards handle it.

    SylvanceSobriquet
  • TvistorTvistor Member Posts: 2,895 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The Vimes books are my favourites.
    PM me if you want to playtest a MUD.
    NimWysteriaSilasJiraishin
  • FaurFaur Member Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Tvistor said:
    Blujixrejgnekrng should never be allowed ENCOURAGED to work anywhere where guns are involved with that understanding of a warning shot.
    Fixed that for you.
  • AnedhelAnedhel Member Posts: 2,367 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Needs an 'I love you so much right now' button. Would use on Blujixapug for sure.
  • AepasAepas Member Posts: 1,619 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Guards are not authorized to give a warning shot.  You only shoot to kill. Guards in achaea are the same.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
    Faur
  • IsaiahIsaiah GeorgiaMember Posts: 136 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Aepas said:

    Guards are not authorized to give a warning shot.  You only shoot to kill. Guards in achaea are the same.

    Over seas we are authorized warning shots...

    Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

  • AepasAepas Member Posts: 1,619 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Well it might be different for you guys, but for the Navy...

    SECNAV INSTRUCTION 5500.29C

    E2.1.6.

    Additional requirements for the use of firearms:

    E2.1.6.1.

    Warning shots are prohibited.

    E2.1.6.2.

    When a firearm is discharged, it will be fired with the intent of rendering the person(s)

    at whom it is discharged incapable of continuing the activity or course of behavior

    prompting the individual to shoot.


    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • AepasAepas Member Posts: 1,619 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Oh, there it is.

    MARINE CORPS ORDER 5500.6H CH1

    4.g.
    Warning shots are not authorized within U.S. Territory (including U.S. territorial waters), except when in appropriate exercise of force protection of U.S. Navy and Naval Service vessels within the limits set forth in Enclosure M, of reference (a), or unless specifically authorized in overseas locations according to the host-nation laws or status of forces agreements.


    No thanks Marines, I think we got it this time. Sequestration has really put a pinch on the money, so we'll conserve the ammo for ya.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • WysteriaWysteria Member Posts: 1,826 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Imagine you yourself were a guard at your city's gates, how exactly would you know the novice was from an enemy city at face value? Make them present their ID parchment on entrance? It's a good idea, but from that perspective it would make me wonder how they'd work it out straight up.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

    Sylvance
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Wysteria said:
    Imagine you yourself were a guard at your city's gates, how exactly would you know the novice was from an enemy city at face value? Make them present their ID parchment on entrance? It's a good idea, but from that perspective it would make me wonder how they'd work it out straight up.
    In this sense how come when I wear a mask and enter ashtan guards still attack me?

  • SiduriSiduri Member Posts: 1,552 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Caladbolg said:
    Wysteria said:
    Imagine you yourself were a guard at your city's gates, how exactly would you know the novice was from an enemy city at face value? Make them present their ID parchment on entrance? It's a good idea, but from that perspective it would make me wonder how they'd work it out straight up.
    In this sense how come when I wear a mask and enter ashtan guards still attack me?
    The smell.

    image
    MelodieSylvanceWysteria
  • MaximMaxim EarthMember Posts: 4
    I really do like the idea. Guards warning young newbies of opposing cities not to enter or else. Why not set up a way for the Ambassador to be alerted to a situation like that? Like a message directly from the guard at the gate informing the Ambassador of a newbie wandering too close to the city? At least the idea will have more interaction between the players.

    Imagine Mhaldorus standing tall before the gate, pointing a bloody finger at the young novice from an opposing city and snarling,"Beware, heathen! You are about to enter the Lord's city as a trespasser!" Then boom, a message is sent to the Ambassador letting him/her know that a newbie unwittingly entered the city ignoring Mhaldorus's warning.

    I think the idea should be extended to the city tutors where newbies appeared off the exits from those portal rooms.

    Make use of those NPCs who sat on their butts for years not really interacting much with newbies other than paying gold for those dead rats hmm?
    Sarapis said: I refuse to play in any environment where I can't have a large red physical 'zap' button with a flip-up clear plastic cover next to me at all times. Mobile thus does not cut it.
    Sylvance
  • SynbiosSynbios Member Posts: 4,561 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Maxim said:
    I really do like the idea. Guards warning young newbies of opposing cities not to enter or else. Why not set up a way for the Ambassador to be alerted to a situation like that? Like a message directly from the guard at the gate informing the Ambassador of a newbie wandering too close to the city? At least the idea will have more interaction between the players.



    -make lolalt-
    -repeatedly enter-reenter city boundaries until killed-
    -make another-
    -repeat until ipbanned or Ambassador's brain gushes out of ears and nostrils-

    The potential for this kind of abuse, unfortunately, brings me to disagree with this proposal permutation.

    KyrraSylvanceTrilliana
Sign In to Comment.