London Again

MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
edited October 2012 in The Wander Inn

In 3 weeks i'll hopefully have  a permanent position at my job and if I doo i need to book holidays like waay in advance so LETS DO THIS.

Now I have money, somewhat more of a pair of balls and access to the world of outside, I am going down to London to visit a couple of friends in either december or january depending on concensus  (if no one wants to come meet me that's cool I will probably go down in january on my own), and am wondering if anyone would like to get drunk while I observe (teetotall) and/or watch me and Garao duel to the death irl.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae

Comments

• Work is dead for me is Dec and Jan, so either work for me (I'm thinking maybe January will be more popular seeing as everyone becomes traditionally poor just before christmas).

Meet location should be somewhere that requires a less epic degree of walking (in hindsight, the memorial fountain is a really long way from the nearest tube station) and preferably an indoor location due to inevitable bad weather.

The Namco arcade was fun last time and has a bar underneath, but I'm definitely open to alternate suggestions.
  • edited October 2012
    Tennis is serious business.

• Man, don't know if I'll show up in January. I'd rather go to London when it's warmer.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    London, Africa?

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • Yeah did you all think we meant England? Haha you guys are crazy

• I will attend in January. I need a precious serving of @Luhar and @Mishgul. It'd be nice if @Exain comes, too.

I'm thinking something a bit different this time. Somewhere with food.

Incidentally, if anyone is around this week, @Pyke is visiting from America and we're going to tour London. You're welcome to join us.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • edited October 2012
    I like the somewhere with food part.

• VrahVrah Mhaldor

>:P Too short notice.
  • Food is a good idea. I totally love food!
  • Count me in, I promise I'll be good!
  • I'm in! And I probably won't be good!
  • Keep me informed, I might be able to make a last minute appearance

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Tempting... although it'd be a mission from Manchester, and I'd need to arrange some kind of hotel or something. That's assuming I don't end up in the gutter like I almost did last time...
    you are in manchester? D: we should meet up anyway!

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • edited October 2012
    Depending on dates/whether I check into Achaea again before then, I might attend (if anyone even remembers me!).

I tend to flit a lot between London & Manchester right now.
  • OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    I will keep an eye on this thread.

Also, I am in London on November the 16th and available for a lunch (probably Euston) with another God, if anyone is around (though, very sleep deprived after many hours of certain movies I cannot possibly mention the name of). 

• Was it Ace Ventura?

It was probably Ace Ventura.
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • Hmm.

Get me a more solid date, and I might come, depending how money is at the time and such.

(I think that's enough of an incentive for you guys to never post the date for this. :P)

• I'm stopping in London on the 12th of November before I fly off the next day, if anyone would like to meet up.

Also considering moving there in the next year.. anyone got any tips on where it is nice/not to expensive/not too shabby?
  • Ourania said:
    I will keep an eye on this thread.

Also, I am in London on November the 16th and available for a lunch (probably Euston) with another God, if anyone is around (though, very sleep deprived after many hours of certain movies I cannot possibly mention the name of). 
    Careful, you'll go blind.

• I live in London. Happy to meet if I know and like you. Sobriquet, would love to catch up for a beer, but not a game of pool. Ourania and other God, no idea who you used to be.
    My friend who worked in London got fired, and is moving to Cambridge where I might go instead of London. Projected Dates can either be between 12th-18th of December or 12-30th of January

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • @Ourania it was a shame to have missed you at the last meet. I'm working this Friday, so I'm going to have to miss you again.

I'll push a date between 12-30th January when the foggy mists of time part for me to inspect them properly, @Mishgul.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    @Beya Yeah. I will be there on Thursday as well, but simply not enough time. I am sure it will happen soon, though!

• I'm game if there's a set date. :) I'm moving up to London in a few weeks anyway. :)
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • Welcome to the big smoke, @Lodi! If you need help moving in, I'll be available to help you out. I like to feel useful! Just flick me a message for when and where.
  • Thanks for the offer but I travel light so won't need any help. :) I'm moving onto an Eco Village so will only have me' trustry rucksack, arctic-sleeping bag, some clothes and a gas cooker (for my bender when I build it) with me. Plus I'm going to try and see if I can walk there from Bristol, which should be a fun little adventure if I make it, heh. :D
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • Wow, I should check the forums more often, give me a date so I can annoy my boss into allowing me more time off work.
  • Is anybody actually planning this?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • If anyone is, make it not the weekend of the 19th jan, please >.>