Mayan Crown selling

To transfer Mayan crowns, the command is CROWN TRANSFER <x> TO <person> FOR <y> 
GOLD. You may put 0 as the gold value. If there is a non-zero gold value, the 
person you are transferring to must be in the realms and have the gold in their 
inventory. They must AGREE to complete the transfer. Crown scams are forbidden.

Well, since nobody bargains for crowns in gold, Proposal #1 is that we use credits for that command so that people maybe do it, instead of you transfer crowns for 0 and I transfer credits for 0.

You have 2800 Lessons, 139 Credits, 125 Bound Credits, 8 Mayan Crowns, and 0 Bound Mayan Crowns.

Proposal #2 is that since we now show Crowns in STAT, could we have the addition of a Crown market like credit sales?
CROWNS FOR SALE or MCFS could show what's up for grabs.

Mayan Crowns currently available for purchase:
       1 crowns at  38 credits per crown.
       18 crowns at  40 credits per crown.
       25 crowns at  50 credits per crown.
       3 crowns at  65 credits per crown.
       2 crowns at  100 credits per crown.
(2 offers with higher prices have not been shown.)
Total credits for sale: 49 shown (53 total)  (Average sale price: 40)
Use CROWNS BUY <number> AT <max credits per crown> to purchase.
I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.

Comments

• edited March 2013
    aaaaand delete double topic.
    I didn't even click it twice this time :/

• I sold a crown for gold just the other day, actually (or a few for a combination of credits and gold, really). Wouldn't mind seeing this go in to save the mild inconvenience of having to transfer for 0 gold and then transfer credits.
  • It's just that the crown price will always be based on credit value, which in turn is based on the gold value.

It replaces "transfer crown/transfer credits" for "transfer crowns for credits".

You might then have to do "transfer crown/transfer gold" but if I had to guess I'd say that's much much less common.

But currently it's crowns for gold, which is like me going to an antiques auction and saying, "Yes I'll buy that vase for forty-six thousand pennies."
  • Eld's crown for gold is probably the exception that proves the rule. The only other time I've ever seen gold involved in a MC transaction was someone that had a couple of dozen credits and something like 100k. Even then, I converted the gold value into credit equivalent.

+1 to the whole idea.
  • How about a more general: TRANSFER x credits/crowns/gold FOR y credits/crowns/gold instead? 

That way you can catch any odd edge cases you please and do all your transfers in a single command.  There might be a small risk of confusion about exactly what is being transferred, this could be mitigated by colour coding the keywords.
  • Yilkon said:
    How about a more general: TRANSFER x credits/crowns/gold FOR y credits/crowns/gold instead? 

That way you can catch any odd edge cases you please and do all your transfers in a single command.  There might be a small risk of confusion about exactly what is being transferred, this could be mitigated by colour coding the keywords.
    Too complicated. Stick OP.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • nevermind selling, we need more monthly promos involving mayan crowns!

i don't wanna blow my 1 bound MC on a stationery kit :>