New CONFIG COLOUR options

I've submitted this personally to @Cardan, but I thought I would see what everyone else thought. I would like to see an additional CONFIG COLOUR option for furniture in a room, and mobiles in a room. As of now, as you know, they all fall under the items category for colour. This would be aces! Thoughts?
--
Draekkar Ravenwind

Comments

• Don't care about furniture, personally, but I agree both of these could be nice. Denizens especially.
  • Colouring of people's names in rooms would be good. Other stuff of importance you can highlight yourself in your client.

You can also achieve this for names, but it can be unreliable, so a CONFIG COLOUR for it would be great.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    uhh....
    Players are already there.
    Players        14  0  Maya, the Great Mother, is here.
    unless you mean the names instead of full title?
  • @Daslin: Considering the number of times options to show only player names, rather than full titles, in room descriptions have been brought up, I'd guess they mean just the name.
  • I'd love to get orange added to the list of possible FG colors. Otherwise denizen coloring might be nice.
  • edited February 2013

Eld said:
    Nemutaur said:
    I'd love to get orange added to the list of possible FG colors. Otherwise denizen coloring might be nice.
    Given that the in-game coloring is all ANSI, I would assume the list of possible colours is restricted to the 15 ANSI colours.
    Right. Most clients allow customizing colors, though, so if you want orange, just replace a color you won't use.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Eld said:
    Nemutaur said:
    I'd love to get orange added to the list of possible FG colors. Otherwise denizen coloring might be nice.
    Given that the in-game coloring is all ANSI, I would assume the list of possible colours is restricted to the 15 ANSI colours.

Technically, they could add 256 color support, since I think that uses ANSI escape characters too. It'd just be limited to clients that support 256 colors, and it might end up being a ton of work for something you can just handle client-side like @Trevize suggested (for this, what you might do is use background colors as the "color you won't use," since I don't think they occur naturally in the game itself).

However, I'd totally use it if they did put in 256 color support, and give related channels similar (but slightly different) colors, and it'd be awesome!

• Nim said:
    Eld said:
    Nemutaur said:

Technically, they could add 256 color support, since I think that uses ANSI escape characters too. It'd just be limited to clients that support 256 colors, and it might end up being a ton of work for something you can just handle client-side like @Trevize suggested (for this, what you might do is use background colors as the "color you won't use," since I don't think they occur naturally in the game itself).

However, I'd totally use it if they did put in 256 color support, and give related channels similar (but slightly different) colors, and it'd be awesome!

Yeah, I wasn't sure if there was ANSI support for 256 (or even 24 bit!) color, but didn't manage to find anything in my 10 seconds of googling before posting that response.
  • Nim said:
    Eld said:
    Nemutaur said:

I totally use background colors a -lot- for channels.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Yes please on 256 colors. 

• Nim said:
     (for this, what you might do is use background colors as the "color you won't use," since I don't think they occur naturally in the game itself).
    They totally do appear. Almost all of them do, in the wilderness. I can't think of any that don't offhand.

(The Midnight Crew): Cain says, "You on your period lynara?"

(The Midnight Crew): Micaelis says, "Lynara coded periods out of his DNA."