Sconces and Torches

Not sure if this has been suggested in the past, but would it be possible to add sconces and torches to the list of furniture in Delos? And perhaps with one ambience message to go along with it?

For example, "A dim light flickers from within a small, bejeweled sconce." and "A brightly burning torch flickers briefly."

(Party): Mizik says, "This can't possibly go wrong."

Comments

• Yes please.
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    A thousand times, yes. And chandeliers, too. Imagine the gold I'll be spending.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • A lava brazier might be quite atmospheric!
  • Also candlesticks if they don't exist. Don't believe I've seen one. Candlesticks and similar to put on an end table.

On second thought, these aren't necessarily furniture. Maybe items with lengthy decay time that are sold in Delos where you can 'hang torch' and such, like decorations. Thus enabling take torch and wield torch for theatrical effect. 

The torch item itself might also provide a light source in rooms with darkness/night. And require torches to be lit and go out regularly.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • I don't really mind where they're sold. I suggested the furniture store so that they'd have the same limitations as furniture (for example, they can't be placed everywhere, only in player/organizational property, etc).
    (Party): Mizik says, "This can't possibly go wrong."
  • Yeah, this would be nice. Ambient messages like campfires produce. Considering my house has sconces and candles everywhere this would fit in nicely.
    --
    Draekkar Ravenwind
  • VeldrinVeldrin Denmark
    edited February 2013
    Synbios said:
    Also, make it possible to light and extinguish torches/chandeliers.
    Could also have rooms with those installed have the 'night' effect so you need the light sources ignited to see what's in the room?(or nightsight)

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    There are housing upgrades which can be set to give ambient messages, as a last resort.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Jonathin said:
    The only thing I wouldn't like about ambiance messages in a room that has more than a single torch (or whatever) is the abundance of spam you'd get every few minutes. Find a way to give a single message regardless of how many torches are in a room and I'd be much happier with the idea of ambiance messages.

God knows I really don't want the spiderweb and eyeball thing from halloween thing all over again.

Two possible ideas off the top of my head - either a command that sets a specific torch as the ambient message giver(TURN SCONCE, perhaps?) or make it so that the first sconce/torch/chandelier lit will be the one to provide the ambience messages.

• AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    I totally forgot about those, and I used to own one. I now have new decor ideas for my throne room. And grotto. And possibly chapel.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Trey said:
    There are bronze pillar braziers in that one triton city you can sail to. They're pretty neat, and if you put ink in them it changes the color of the flame to whatever you want.
    Those are great, but more options would be nice, especially wall-mounted light sources.
  • Sena said:
    Trey said:
    There are bronze pillar braziers in that one triton city you can sail to. They're pretty neat, and if you put ink in them it changes the color of the flame to whatever you want.
    Those are great, but more options would be nice, especially wall-mounted light sources.
    Oh, I don't disagree. I didn't mean that more options wouldn't be great, I was just pointing out that the code already exists, kind of. All you'd have to do is reskin those and voila, done.

• Fully agreed, especially on the ambient messages part - they make the game feel more alive. Please add this!
  • Corbeaux said:

Not sure if this has been suggested in the past, but would it be possible to add sconces and torches to the list of furniture in Delos? And perhaps with one ambience message to go along with it?

For example, "A dim light flickers from within a small, bejeweled sconce." and "A brightly burning torch flickers briefly."

Oh yes please! These would make an excellent addition to my home