Troll Blademaster

Comments

• One thing I would like from this is if the blademaster still had his sword sheathed while in stance. I love the action of the piece though, it has a story to it rather than just depicting an archetype.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I want flaming swords! That looks so awesome.

I really love how these are mixing up the races and classes. The artwork is amazing.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited February 2013
    Bad ass. Everyone's standing back. Nobody wants to take him on!

GNAEUS SMASH!

• XaeXae
    edited February 2013
    Erk, where's the ringmail? And I agree with @Valden.

But I definitely love the concept! This is a really cool piece, either way. :)
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• So cool, but it's no Magi...we need a Magi artwork. :)>-
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    edited February 2013
    If the Runewarden doesn't have a totem in it somewhere I will cry tears of ink.

EDIT: Also, to keep on topic, love the piece, the lighting is awesome. Agree with the ring mail though and, while I think it's awesome that the sword is drawn, think it's in an odd position.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Sword drawn? Must be about to... slash, slash, suh-lash!  Yeah!!

Very nice! Keep in mind throughout Achaea that a lot of people have visualized how their troll characters look to be vastly different from one another.

• edited February 2013
    Look at that brave blademaster, facing off against an army of ninjasserpents. They never stood a chance.

Hyperlith said:
    Sword drawn? Must be about to... slash, slash, suh-lash!  Yeah!!

Very nice! Keep in mind throughout Achaea that a lot of people have visualized how their troll characters look to be vastly different from one another.

He already did. That rain you see in the pic? It's actually recolored blood. The original image was deemed too 'hardcore and brutal' by the Mhaldorian Painting Association of Artists.

• HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Where is this?

• Synbios said:
    Look at that brave blademaster, facing off against an army of ninjasserpents the Foot Clan. They never stood a chance.

• edited February 2013
    From the words of @Caladbolg himself:
    "That's acctually an old painting of me Fighting off the Naga. I used infuse fire because they were all raja. Went troll for bashing you see,
    had a gem"

Gonna have to agree with this 100%, I'd recognize that disgusting mugshot and the impending brutal carnage anywhere.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena

Troll = Chinese demon?

• Can I be the Alchemist? :(
  • Just to echo, I don't have a problem with the sword being drawn; it has to be drawn in order to cut people. Duh.  The problem is that he clearly hasn't just drawn it for the purpose of slashing/pommeling.  Stance-wise, it has got to be Mir or Doya (although I'm biased by ninjutsu interpretations of the elements; idk if they're different in samurai terms).

All this aside, I'd give my right arm (well... left, because I'm right-handed) to be able to produce artwork of this quality, and whatever pedantic points I'm able to draw on, the overall feel of the picture is decidedly BADASS BM; WHO WANTS SOME?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • edited February 2013
    Kenway said:
    If the Runewarden doesn't have a totem phallic symbol in it somewhere I will cry tears of ink.

EDIT: Also, to keep on topic, love the piece, the lighting is awesome. Agree with the ring mail though and, while I think it's awesome that the sword is drawn, think it's in an odd position.
    I'm right on the verge of making a scathing psychological observation about the Runewarden's need to always have a huge totem at hand.

ETA: And you meant if the Runewarden artwork doesn't have a phallus in it somewhere... not the Runewarden. Right? Right?
  • I agree that sheathed sword would be decidedly more Blademasterish, and tbch, probably more badass. If you could stand there, surrounded be serpents(?), with your blade sheathed and on fire like, "You guys ready to die?" it would just ooze badassery.

I don't think he's surrounded by serpents, though, because they are all wielding swords and scythes.

Ringmail would have been pro. Less resemblance to WoW trolls would have been nice.

Overall: Great picture! :)
  • @Yue you said ooze. I love the word ooze. :\">
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    edited February 2013
    Sylvance said:
    Kenway said:
    If the Runewarden doesn't have a totem phallic symbol in it somewhere I will cry tears of ink.

I'm right on the verge of making a scathing psychological observation about the Runewarden's need to always have a huge totem at hand.

ETA: And you meant if the Runewarden artwork doesn't have a phallus in it somewhere... not the Runewarden. Right? Right?

In all honesty it's because without a totem, anytime I've seen a Runewarden drawn it has just looked like a regular ol' knight. Which is not very exciting. It'd be like if this Blademaster's sword wasn't on fire. You'd just go 'Oh, look it's a samurai.' Achaea's got a pretty sweet brand of fantasy to it that isn't the usual knights, mages, rangers/humans, dwarves, elves/blah blah blah/totallynottolkien. So I'm saying for these images to be a potential draw(no pun intended) to the game for new players, it'd be good for them to flaunt the very different takes on standard fantasy BS that make Achaea so awesome. 

And hey, the ladies love my five foot pole.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • @Kenway - Well said. Respect!
  • Yue said:

I don't think he's surrounded by serpents, though, because they are all wielding swords and scythes.

Obviously, they were all trying to behead him at the same time.

• Everyone knows serpents are permanently invisible/hidden and only use L3 bows, so those can't be serpents in the background.
  • Three Naga walk into a bar..

..nobody saw it happen.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    I have to admit though when I first saw this Elder scrolls came to mind. The armor looks like a light Orcish verson with diffrent coloring. The sword on fire resembels the Blades sword with a fire enchantment on it.

At least that's what went through my mind when I first saw it

• It's an awesome piece of art, it just has a problem that I feel is wrong with all the pictures in the gallery (except for like the Atavian Jester)... I don't look at them and instantly think 'that's from Achaea'. Would be nice to see something distinctively Achaean in them

• The troll's WoW/DotA-ish, but still awesome!
  • Aww....Looks like my dear ol pa. A perfect match.

Well played.

If you want to see an Internet Troll Blademaster, throw me a butterknife.

I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.