NHL Hockey

I can't believe no one has started a topic for this yet.

So I will!

Oh my god, Schneider, I love you, but what happened? And poor Lou, stuck playing back-up! But yay for signing Edler for less than he's worth (but for what is still, realistically, a crapload of money).

Comments

• Haha, girls talking about sports.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    MY CABLE IS MESSED UP!

I can't watch...
    I missed my boys thrashing the Rangers.
  • Boston. God I hate the Bruins.
    Tania, whom do you support? The Red Wings?

• Canucks. I will forever hate Boston for STEALING THE STANLEY CUP LIKE A BUNCH OF THIEVING JACKALS.
    Stealing? You mean taking what's rightfully theirs?
    A damn near perfect game?

Poor Canucks. Can't make a goal to save a life.

I still love you Tania.
  • Game seven of the final? That was the opposite of perfect. And I mean this objectively! Both teams were crap. The Canucks were just even more crap, unfortunately.
    That's why I call it near perfect! Just a win=almost perfect.

But yes, both teams played like the hearts weren't in it. Rather sad.
  • Perfect games are hard-fought, high-scoring, hard-hitting, filled with saves that make you gasp because you can't believe someone can move that fast, goals that you can't believe got in the net... Not two teams half-assing the Stanley Cup final.

But I understand your confusion, you are American and the stereotype is "win at all cost." *tease*
    hahahahaha. Silly goof. You northerners wouldn't know a good game if you saw the glass shatter in front of you!
  • Silas said:
    Haha, girls talking about sports.
    I only watch hockey because the face checks against the plexiglass make me giggle.
  • Daslin said:
    hahahahaha. Silly goof. You northerners wouldn't know a good game if you saw the glass shatter in front of you!
    It's so cute when Americans think they know real hockey.
    I know I'm cute. You don't have to tell me!

It's just amusing when our noisy upstairs neighbors try to tell us what's a real sport! :P
  • Go Habs ... even though you'll probably not make it into the playoffs; and if you do, it'll be scraping into the 8th playoff spot... ¬_¬

*sigh* Oh well, at least I can root for the Canucks if the Habs don't make it.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Thoroughly depressed that the shortened season means the Pens are never making it over to play a west conference team (even if it makes sense and I know it). :(

Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Johnny Boychuk seals the deal with a goal on his birthday! Should of been 4-1 but the refs robbed them on the review!
  • edited January 2013
    Daslin said:
    I know I'm cute. You don't have to tell me!

It's just amusing when our noisy upstairs neighbors try to tell us what's a real sport! :P

Well, you think a perfect game is nothing but winning, I don't think I'd trust you to know what a real sport is. Also, football. What a stupid, boring sport.

@Cinya, I'm really sad that my team won't be playing any of the Eastern Conference teams, too. I have a few friends who are fans of the Eastern Canada teams, it means I can't trash talk with them this year. :(

Edit: wtf, quote tags. They're working properly in the post writing box!
  • Man, it's good to have hockey back. Vanek and Myers showed up to help the Sabres open up the season by blowing out the Flyers.

@Dunn, where you at? We need some Buffalo love in this thread.

(Party): Mizik says, "This can't possibly go wrong."
  • Yo mother fkin THOMAS VANEK 2 goals, 3 assists. BEAST MODE.

Also, I never imagined Steve Ott would be the first goal scored for us this year. I was realllllly hoping John Scott would have words with Hartnell bc I hattttte Hartness. Stafford manned up and did a decent job.

•  Dunn said:

Yo mother fkin THOMAS VANEK 2 goals, 3 assists. BEAST MODE.

Also, I never imagined Steve Ott would be the first goal scored for us this year. I was realllllly hoping John Scott would have words with Hartnell bc I hattttte Hartness. Stafford manned up and did a decent job.

Ha, yeah, I was surprised about Ott as well. Also, Pominville showed up too with all his assists, just couldn't find the net.

Did you make it to the game? The arena was packed and the atmosphere looked good. I've been to about seven home games downtown and always had a great time.

• Nope. All the tickets are sold out. You from the area? I'm a student at UB so I live in the Amherst area and try to get downtown for games as often as possible.

• Yep, from the West Seneca/Hamburg area. Amherst/Williamsville is a really nice area. I lived there up until about two years ago when the Coast Guard sent me down to Virginia. I'm in Redskins/Capitals territory now :(

Dude, fun fact: I went to school with Patrick Kaleta when we were in Angola. I was amazed when I first learned he had not only joined the NHL, but was also selected by the Sabres back in 2006. Small world!
  • <3 Patrick. </3 him getting a ten minute misconduct for almost nothing along with another guy tonight. They were just talking and the ref tosses them for ten. Talk about an overcall.

I know a ton of people from that area. It may be the poorest side of the state of New York, but I love it.

ALSO, 2-0 SABRES YAAAAAAAAAAAA. Undefeated.....

(for now......................)

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Shoot out win! I want a Seguin jersey. 2-0 Boston!
  • I love NHL but it is unfortunate that this sport doesn't seem to warrant enough attention out West. (Grew up in the St Louis area so I'm a Blues fan) The only way I can watch any hockey is if I pay extra money to Comcast for a special hockey channel. D: I know he is retired but I will always love Wayne Gretzky! <3

• HELL YEAH! Hockey is back I'v been so pumped since the news :D Go Sharks!
  • ugh, hockey
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    @Dunn, why is Ashtan in your signature?

To stay on-topic, I know little to nothing about hockey, save for the fact that it is only worth watching when there is a fight. 
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • @Amunet you and I know our town's hockey team is only good for said fights.