Weekly rankings

edited January 2013 in North of Thera
As per announce post number 3764, people who reached a million points in last week's contest rechieved 5 credits.
Is there anything like that, for this week's contest and the others?

Comments

• Triak said:
    1 million experience from questing sounds like cruel and unusual gaming.
    1      Arlanda                        1514200

whattttt
  • 1 million experience in a week from questing is definitely doable. That's about 2.9% at level 80.
  • NimNim
    edited January 2013
    @Sena: Are you sure about the 2.9%? I don't remember how much EXP I got over the last competition to reach 1 million, but it was a lot more than 2.9%, given that I died at least once, made up the EXP I lost (about 5% per death), and still reached level 82. (Though I was around 70% into level 81)
  • Nim said:
    @Sena: Are you sure about the 2.9%? I don't remember how much EXP I got over the last competition to reach 1 million, but it was a lot more than 2.9%, given that I died at least once, made up the EXP I lost (about 5% per death), and still reached level 82. (Though I was around 70% into level 81)
    It's way more than that.

Bashing for the 1 million xp at level 86 granted me far more than 2.9%.
  • Agree with @Triak - cruelty!
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    There are modifiers for the different weekly rankings, including this one. You'll find that it's not as daunting as it sounds!
  • Yeah, I just looked at points earned compared to actual experience earned, it's definitely not 1:1.

For quests, it looks like points are about 20% of actual experience (assuming it's that simple and the ratio is constant). So 1 million quest points would be about 5 million experience, or 14.3% at level 80. Still not unreasonable, but that makes it even worse than just 1 million experience.
  • Tecton said:
    There are modifiers for the different weekly rankings, including this one. You'll find that it's not as daunting as it sounds!
    Good to hear - I think a big part of my frustration is actually not knowing as many quests as I thought I did. This weekly contest has been good motivation for me to learn and re-learn a few, though.
    Sena said:
    Yeah, I just looked at points earned compared to actual experience earned, it's definitely not 1:1.

For quests, it looks like points are about 20% of actual experience (assuming it's that simple and the ratio is constant). So 1 million quest points would be about 5 million experience, or 14.3% at level 80. Still not unreasonable, but that makes it even worse than just 1 million experience.
    Not even close!
  • Tecton said:
    Not even close!
    Is that because it's not a simple "Experience*X=Points"?
  • Considering it took me 12% at 91 to reach 1m mark. 14.3% at 80 is way out of loop.
  • Can we see announce posts for when the contests tick over? 
  • Rangor said:
    Forgot Achaea had quests...
    And here I thought you had convinced yourself killing other combatants was a quest. Gives xp and sometimes a reward in supplies!

• It is much easier to get the 1 million for this weekranks because the number of points for the quests were boosted as compared to the previous weekranks (not the actual amount of experience but points for the contest) after Mortagona and I issued about it.

The thing is that there are quests that give only gold, only experience and a mixture of both so you have to do some experimentation to find out which quests do what. Actually those in the top 10 so far are doing the same quests though I must say if Mortagona, Paine or Kald were here they would totally own the competition. I'm so tied up with other duties that I don't have as much time for this as compared to the last weekranks competition.

Halios said:
    Triak said:

whattttt
    Ha! Now its 2.7 million but I swear I'm about to go into a coma after getting 1.2 million quest points in a day. 
  • Arlanda said:
    It is much easier to get the 1 million for this weekranks because the number of points for the quests were boosted as compared to the previous weekranks (not the actual amount of experience but points for the contest) after Mortagona and I issued about it.

The thing is that there are quests that give only gold, only experience and a mixture of both so you have to do some experimentation to find out which quests do what. Actually those in the top 10 so far are doing the same quests though I must say if Mortagona, Paine or Kald were here they would totally own the competition. I'm so tied up with other duties that I don't have as much time for this as compared to the last weekranks competition.

Halios said:
    Triak said:

whattttt
    Ha! Now its 2.7 million but I swear I'm about to go into a coma after getting 1.2 million quest points in a day. 
    I support this proposal. Well, not a coma, but surely you could use a break after all that exhausting questing.
    I've tweaked the modifier up a little more, so you should get more bang for your quest experience!
  • edited January 2013
    Arlanda said:
    It is much easier to get the 1 million for this weekranks because the number of points for the quests were boosted as compared to the previous weekranks (not the actual amount of experience but points for the contest) after Mortagona and I issued about it.

Halios said:
    Triak said:

whattttt
    I know the feeling.

I won a pearling competition for the Congregation recently.

I collected 1300+ pearls in under a week... probably like 4-5 days.
  • Eep, the point buff wiped out my 1.2 million lead... and on a day when I had lessons till 5pm my time. Only managed about 1.4 million more under the boost. Guess I have to work my ass tomorrow when I have a whole free day lest Eld bites my dragon tail.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    I had given up on reaching the million required... but with the buff.. it should be possible.... we'll see...
  • EldEld
    edited January 2013
    Arlanda said:
    Eep, the point buff wiped out my 1.2 million lead... and on a day when I had lessons till 5pm my time. Only managed about 1.4 million more under the boost. Guess I have to work my ass tomorrow when I have a whole free day lest Eld bites my dragon tail.
    Damn, I got so excited when you weren't there all evening.

Gah, 2 million ahead this time! You're killing me here!
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    You have received 5 bound Credits for your participation in the weekly contest. Well done!

Made it! Now why did I think I had to get this all done today? *flop*
  • edited January 2013
    Eld said:
    Arlanda said:
    Eep, the point buff wiped out my 1.2 million lead... and on a day when I had lessons till 5pm my time. Only managed about 1.4 million more under the boost. Guess I have to work my ass tomorrow when I have a whole free day lest Eld bites my dragon tail.
    Damn, I got so excited when you weren't there all evening.

Gah, 2 million ahead this time! You're killing me here!
    Yea, I had lessons. At least the next few days I have nothing on so its eating and questing only. Let's go for it! If I get a 3.5 million lead by Sunday I'll reward myself by going for lunch with my friends. Haha
  • Nonetheless I still wanna thank @Eld for pushing me in this weekly rankings. You make me afraid of checking WEEKRANKS when I wake up and enter the realms for fear of finding out how much I need to quest again.
  • Arlanda said:
    Nonetheless I still wanna thank @Eld for pushing me in this weekly rankings. You make me afraid of checking WEEKRANKS when I wake up and enter the realms for fear of finding out how much I need to quest again.
    Ha, well, you're welcome, I guess. :P Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have time the rest of the week to get close to catching up again, so well done.
  • Just to be clear, the prizes are only for first place and the participation prize, right?
  • Is the participation at 1 million again? Long road ahead if so..
  • Yes, 1 mil
  • I pulled out to an early lead for this one on the first day and went..."No way do I want to do this for a week"