As we've just crossed the halfway point of 2021, I wanted to touch base on behalf of the producer team with a bit of a look back of what the year has held so far, and offer some teasers for what's to come in the second half of the year.
So far this year:
- Our latest class, Pariah, was released.
- Ghezavat, a commune under the Mhojave, was opened to the world.
- Crixos won the Championship Games and the Staff of Nicator in a fierce competition.
- Pandora's troublemaking shenanigans continued with the saga of Wayward Heights.
- Ancient Kasmarkin was raised from the depths, culminating in the release of a multi-stage honours quest centring around the ancestral history of the trolls.
- The chefs of Achaea learned to train rhinoceros beetles in the search for a coveted new ingredient: Midlands Roe.
- Toby Treacletart took up the adventuring life after departing Gorshire, only to be murdered for science and dissected in the Dicondron Academy. But fear not, he returned from the halls of death only slightly more cynical about adventurers!
- City salaries and the city guide system were released.
- A massive and complete overhaul to hunting damage was released, bringing our classes far closer together on this front.
- The relics system was updated to be more accessible and provide more avenues for conflict.
- THINKing now exists and has become one of our most popular roleplaying tools.
- The first Great Hunt of the year took place in June.
- The Underworld politics system was finally overhauled in a major update.
- Forays underwent significant balance tuning and changes to bring the relative difficulty closer to a consistent point.
- Dozens more quests across the land were integrated into the formal quest system (with many dozens more to come).
Looking ahead to Quarter 3 and Quarter 4 of 2021, you can expect:
- At least one additional new area will be released.
- Updates and fixes to the voyage system are still planned.
- Expansions to the quest system will continue.
- A slew of updates to the war system and its surrounding conflict mechanisms are planned and currently in discussion (the recent updates to guards and security mechanics are a precursor to this).
- The underdeveloped lore and history surrounding at least two of our player races will be explored and expanded.
- Achaea's 24th birthday is in September and the Adryn games tournament will be returning with an updated format to celebrate, as well as a visit from the Itinerant Bazaar, and a ctf!
- The last classlead round of the year will open in October.
- Mayaween and Logosmas celebrations will return, with fun new features for both!
Plus some special things I can't talk about, and a million other things we haven't thought of yet!
- Icti, Nic, Mak