What cities accept Pariah?

Are they accepted in all cities?

Are there combat skills magic based or something else?

thanks

Comments

• This is super basic in-game information. All cities accept them and all classes are magic to some extent.

• To my knowledge, no city has banned them at this point in time.

Their power comes from an unspecified means of sorcery and rituals.

They are very explicitly not drawing from the power of Evil/Chaos/Light/Darkness/Nature/Bureaucracy.

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol

soon (tm)

• edited March 2021

Pariah are death-themed magi, so it'd be hard to justify banning Pariah without banning everyone who uses arcane magic (which is not limited to magi but would definitely include it).

• Officially, it was said in the announce that "This is a neutral alignment class (though much like shaman and depthswalker there might be some IC debate about ethical boundaries in certain factions)." I won't go into the IC ethics here, but the lore of Ghezavat gives plenty of material on that (which I'm more than happy to talk about ICly).

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited March 2021

There definitely are arguments that could be made. I just don't think the arguments would get very far since the attitude of most Divines to the class seems tailored to curtail the idea of banning it anywhere.

The idea that you could not ban Pariahs without banning Magi is frankly ridiculous though. Makes about as much sense as saying you should ban magi because you ban apostates and infernal (who do also use a brand of death-fueled magic)

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited March 2021

If I was a city leader I'd contemplate banning it purely based on how useless it is and the inevitability of my citizens abandoning it at a 50% lesson loss.

Like just imagine you're getting raided at 2am and all you see on CW is 4 Pariahs. Yeah you're pretty much defenceless.

As far as alignment though, in order to ban it for this reason would require a fundamental misunderstanding of the class. I was comparing it to magi because they're both neutral and both draw from the same source of power.

• They literally don't draw from the same source of power. At all.

One is death(tm) magic. The other is magic drawn from the four elements.

One slices with a knife. The other bonks you with a stick.

Also, if you think Pariah is useless, I.. guess you have the right to be wrong. @Amranu bodied the shit out of me earlier with it. Mostly because I'm bad, but I went from no affs to haemo, to instantly dead the next balance. (Note: shield. Shield is your friend).

But seriously, magi and pariah are 'similar' in the sense that they both use magic to fight. But the same could be said that magi, druid, and sylvan are all the same class because they all can use staves.. and might as well throw Sentinel in there, because what is a spear if not a staff with a point?

I'm going to go out on a limb and trust Yen on the subject of a classes history and the like, because she has almost certainly done every single quest that Ghezzat has.. while you have probably not looked at more than 1 @Shecks.

• edited March 2021

Hmm, now let's think about how and why I wouldn't be doing Ghezavat quests and why Yen would be able to. I'm actually a Pariah, and Yen is an expert in lore. I'd say that places both of us in positions to make an informed opinion, while you openly admit, correctly, that you are not. Oh and PS I have read or done literally everything there is to read and do related to Ghezavat and Pariah that can be found - so maybe stop making rampant silly assumptions about me k?

I actually have done a huge portion of the games quest's and lore including getting top 30 explorers without exploits, if you actually care.

• Why do you insist on derailing every thread on the forums?

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.

@Saonji Choose two:

Intelligible, On topic, Shecks.

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited March 2021

The only person here derailing is the person saying to stop derailing.

• Your posts had absolutely nothing to do with what the OP asked.

That is literally the definition of derailing you absolute tool.

Jesus fucking christ.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Not only are you derailing, but you’re fucking wrong as usual.

The only useless Pariah is you, Shecks. I’m sorry you can’t seem to figure out the class, but that doesn’t mean the rest of us haven’t.

Also, you can be a pariah all you want, but that doesn’t make you an expert. Kinda like how you’ve been a serpent for 15 years but you still aren’t even close to being an expert at that.

Can you just please for the love of everything good and holy stop spewing your misinformed drivel.

• As someone multiclassed in Pariah and someone into lore, you can't say you've done everything to and about Ghezavat if you haven't done the quests. They're possible to do.

• Pariahs are allowed in all cities.

Yes it’s magical.