Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Talisman Help Files

Gurklukke
Gurklukke Member Posts: 54 ✭✭ - Stalwart
Hiya, Friendly neighborhood Gurklukke here.

I was wondering if the promotional Talismans could also get helpfiles like the other sets to be able to read what all the powers/items are.

Blackwave was easy to find, however searching news for Elemental was a bit difficult, I actually had to NSEARCH ANNOUNCE HARNESS to find it due to the Air Harness in the set.

I think just having the consistency with all the sets and their associated pieces in help files would be very useful, and I am happy to write them and send them to someone, based on what the newsposts say.

Thank you!
CooperErylShecks

Comments

  • Eryl
    Eryl Member Posts: 213 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Gurklukke said:
    Hiya, Friendly neighborhood Gurklukke here.

    I was wondering if the promotional Talismans could also get helpfiles like the other sets to be able to read what all the powers/items are.

    Blackwave was easy to find, however searching news for Elemental was a bit difficult, I actually had to NSEARCH ANNOUNCE HARNESS to find it due to the Air Harness in the set.

    I think just having the consistency with all the sets and their associated pieces in help files would be very useful, and I am happy to write them and send them to someone, based on what the newsposts say.

    Thank you!
    You should submit this idea in game through the IDEAS command.  This allows players to endorse or censure it, and it will be preserved and passed along to the admins if it reaches a certain threshold of approval.
    Gurklukke
  • Gurklukke
    Gurklukke Member Posts: 54 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    I will do so, thanks @Eryl

    Eryl
  • Eryl
    Eryl Member Posts: 213 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Gurklukke said:
    I will do so, thanks @Eryl

    Let us know the IDEA number here? I'd like to support it :)
  • Gurklukke
    Gurklukke Member Posts: 54 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    As a Reference, it has been submitted under IDEA 114.

    Thank you
    Eryl
  • Shecks
    Shecks Member Posts: 775 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited January 26
    Eryl said:
    Gurklukke said:
    Hiya, Friendly neighborhood Gurklukke here.

    I was wondering if the promotional Talismans could also get helpfiles like the other sets to be able to read what all the powers/items are.

    Blackwave was easy to find, however searching news for Elemental was a bit difficult, I actually had to NSEARCH ANNOUNCE HARNESS to find it due to the Air Harness in the set.

    I think just having the consistency with all the sets and their associated pieces in help files would be very useful, and I am happy to write them and send them to someone, based on what the newsposts say.

    Thank you!
    You should submit this idea in game through the IDEAS command.  This allows players to endorse or censure it, and it will be preserved and passed along to the admins if it reaches a certain threshold of approval.
    Not my goal here to be a negative nancy, just being realistic - I think the in-game Idea system (on its own, without bolstering it by using all the usual methods like forums, in-game clans, etc) is pretty worthless.  I've seen dozens of amazing ideas, including many not my own, get dismissed without a single vote, or with just one from me.

    I'd make an IDEA about how to improve the system (noting that a big part of my RL job is overseeing Idea Management and Change Control for my company) but I'm not convinced anyone would ever read it.

    I recommend that if you have a good idea, being it here. 
    Swikaan
  • Gurklukke
    Gurklukke Member Posts: 54 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Yeah, it got deleted.
  • Eryl
    Eryl Member Posts: 213 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Shecks said:
    Eryl said:
    Gurklukke said:
    Hiya, Friendly neighborhood Gurklukke here.

    I was wondering if the promotional Talismans could also get helpfiles like the other sets to be able to read what all the powers/items are.

    Blackwave was easy to find, however searching news for Elemental was a bit difficult, I actually had to NSEARCH ANNOUNCE HARNESS to find it due to the Air Harness in the set.

    I think just having the consistency with all the sets and their associated pieces in help files would be very useful, and I am happy to write them and send them to someone, based on what the newsposts say.

    Thank you!
    You should submit this idea in game through the IDEAS command.  This allows players to endorse or censure it, and it will be preserved and passed along to the admins if it reaches a certain threshold of approval.
    Not my goal here to be a negative nancy, just being realistic - I think the in-game Idea system (on its own, without bolstering it by using all the usual methods like forums, in-game clans, etc) is pretty worthless.  I've seen dozens of amazing ideas, including many not my own, get dismissed without a single vote, or with just one from me.

    I'd make an IDEA about how to improve the system (noting that a big part of my RL job is overseeing Idea Management and Change Control for my company) but I'm not convinced anyone would ever read it.

    I recommend that if you have a good idea, being it here. 
    You're wrong.  Many of my ideas that have reached the correct threshold have been implemented.  Not to mention the system was overhauled not that far long ago.
  • Shecks
    Shecks Member Posts: 775 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited January 27
    Eryl said:
    ...
    You're wrong.  Many of my ideas that have reached the correct threshold have been implemented.  Not to mention the system was overhauled not that far long ago.
    I didn't say that no ideas get passed, I said that some good ideas don't get passed, which I know to be true with alarming frequency.  I've had some ideas get implemented too, but I've had far more fizzle out before a single person even saw them - and quite a few more fizzle out despite having plenty of votes.

    As I said, I recommend bringing good ideas here, as they will have more exposure and won't disappear completely after a few days - regardless of the outcome.  If you, don't want to do this, then that's 100% fine, but this forum section IS dedicated to sharing ideas - and I'm just suggesting that it be used that way.
  • Crixos
    Crixos Member Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Bit late but you can use the talisman commands to do most of that.

    For example, if you have a rough idea of what set it's in:

    TALISMAN SETS (gives you a list of talisman sets)

    TALISMAN SET <set> (gives you a list of each talisman in that set)

    TALISMAN INFO <talisman name> (gives you some details on pieces/use)

    One key thing that's missing is the credit value per piece and value when completed.
  • Cooper
    Cooper Member Posts: 5,723 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Shecks said:
    I didn't say that no ideas get passed, I said that some good ideas don't get passed, which I know to be true with alarming frequency.  I've had some ideas get implemented too, but I've had far more fizzle out before a single person even saw them - and quite a few more fizzle out despite having plenty of votes
    What you actually said is that the ideas system is worthless.

    You are basing your assessment on your own ideas not passing, and then lying about having seen dozens of others not pass.

    The idea system has enough problems that you don't need to lie to show the areas that could use improvement.

    Still waiting to see the list of 40+ people who agreed with you on next to no classes being able to stop earrings and being able to stand without EQ.

  • Gurklukke
    Gurklukke Member Posts: 54 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    While we are derailing a little bit.

    An IDEA for IDEAS could be perhaps mildly increasing the time frame before deletion so more have an opportunity to review.
    On a player level perhaps promoting our ideas more, but it seems OOC to do so IC, so maybe just really jumping on the forums and having an IDEA thread where we can post our submitted ideas for the playerbase to review and then support/reject in game.

    I will admit I was not terribly proactive in telling people to review mine, and I have since found a solution at least on a personal level.

    I don't think @Shecks had bad intention with their statements, I just think they have some strong opinions on some things.

    Also thank you to the people who did provide me some information to better help me.
  • Jovolo
    Jovolo Member Posts: 3,339 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Gurklukke said:
    While we are derailing a little bit.

    An IDEA for IDEAS could be perhaps mildly increasing the time frame before deletion so more have an opportunity to review.
    On a player level perhaps promoting our ideas more, but it seems OOC to do so IC, so maybe just really jumping on the forums and having an IDEA thread where we can post our submitted ideas for the playerbase to review and then support/reject in game.

    I will admit I was not terribly proactive in telling people to review mine, and I have since found a solution at least on a personal level.

    I don't think @Shecks had bad intention with their statements, I just think they have some strong opinions on some things.

    Also thank you to the people who did provide me some information to better help me.

    What you may have not seen, and what might provide context to the tone with which some players respond to Shecks, is the frequency with which Shecks makes a bold claim and states that he has supporting evidence but then never, ever delivers it. This happens far more often than not.

    I can't say that I have a personal problem with Shecks, I don't think he's a bad person, sometimes we agree, sometimes we don't, but his modus operandi when it comes to discussion / debate can be aggravating
    ErylCooper
  • Profit
    Profit Member Posts: 31 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Shecks said:
    I've seen dozens of amazing ideas, including many not my own, get dismissed without a single vote, or with just one from me.
    Lol, sure.

    Shecks said:
    I'd make an IDEA about how to improve the system (noting that a big part of my RL job is overseeing Idea Management and Change Control for my company) but I'm not convinced anyone would ever read it.
    Whoa, you've had your bad ideas denied? Did you try telling the admin what a Big Deal you are?
    ArchaeonCooperEryl
Sign In to Comment.