Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules
Hello! For those who don't know me, I am currently a 2h Runewarden in Cyrene. I am looking to pick up my second class some time in the next few weeks. My main focus is generally hunting, but I am very eager to get into dueling, group combat, and maybe even become a Mark. I have some credits to play with, but no more than 3k to start with on my second class. I am pretty dated on the PK scene and recent class adjustments, so just going to throw some thoughts out there on the classes I am interested in and see if anybody has any corrections, or insights to add. Thank you!
Let's start with my current class:
- Great hunting
- I have gathered on the forums that 2h combat isn't all that exciting and lacks a competitive edge.
- I will likely switch to DWC or SnB for dueling once I get dragon
- Superior hunting, but requires a bit more investment to be top-tier in combat and hunting (Dex, Lash, Dirk, and tankiness)
- Pretty versatile when it comes to dueling
- According to Rakkaro, also the bane of your existence because of how easy it is to slow your momentum
- How viable is Tekura monk versus Shikudo monk with artefact investment?
- Is int monk still a thing? Or mostly luxury artefacts for raid kills?
- Hunting is meh, but that's why I'll keep runie
- Seems to be the #1 pick for non-investment 1v1
- How much does the potential increase with investment?
- I know nothing about these, but there is probably a thread so I will dig around some more.
Any other favorites? I generally prioritize 1v1 over group, since being able to hold your own will keep you alive in many situations. What classes generally score the most group kills?
Anyway, lots to think about. I don't expect anybody to answer all of the above questions, but would love to hear further thoughts!