Mid-Level Renown?

edited July 2020 in General Questions
Hello, does anyone have suggestions on adventures that a level 77 runewarden can do? My usual route nets me around 300 renown, very far from the 2000 goal per day.

Forays have been tried, but I die in them (even after starbursts) and I can't make it back in time to actually get renown for it. Don't have a ship, either, so the seafaring tasks are out of my reach for now.

Any ideas are welcome, thank you!

ps I should also add that my usual playing times are 6-10 hours after the Serenade, offpeak, so it's usually a solo game for me whenever I try stuff.

Answers

• Khulhedra, Mhunna (hit and run), stock the eidolon, arena, raids, pvp..  

Miingruan in Tir isnt too bad, especially if you have the... Matic?.. card for a guaranteed high level crit.  Hit and run him using that and hope you don't get those weird spawns with like 4 or 5 of the guard Vertani

Not sure what you usually do but Im not super worried about renown so..  do a few to hit 100 and then go about my day.

• There are a number of people on the same time as you quite often. There aren't a lot, but they are pretty regular and last night we were able to get enough together for Mirror Tower at 2-3am PST.  Keep an eye on the foray board and when Aran'kesh is up, ask for a partner to do it with while you offer to use the harpoon. One person to come up with for a foray is a lot easier than 3 more that you'd need for Mirror Tower.  Also, ask in city if anyone would like a hunting partner, quite often people will be happy to have one and split the gold etc.  You may even find out about new areas or general tips and such, or how to get more renown. 
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Forays are definitely key to maxing out your renown.  Ask over ct, arankesh and fortress are easier with small groups, mirror is easy with 4.  If you partner with a dragon it should be doable.  

Can get a few hundred off ships.

Another 100ish off arena, rps

Some of the easier hunting ones will add up to 300 but they are often dead.

Also pay attention to the theme, want to maximize that double bonus.
  • What do you mean by double bonus, @Achilles?
  • during the theme you get double renown for an applicable adventure for the first adventure you complete, so if it is the hunting theme, you'd get double renown for a foray, or your first pk during conflict theme, but only your first applicable, so don't waste your hunting double on killing the mahk.
  • Wow, that's awesome. Thank you! I'm definitely glad I asked. 
  • Achilles said:
    Forays are definitely key to maxing out your renown.  Ask over ct, arankesh and fortress are easier with small groups, mirror is easy with 4.  If you partner with a dragon it should be doable.  

I've tried a few forays with dragons, and I've been told that that's a bad idea because foray mobs scale up to the level of the group. Got squished fast. xD 
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Fortress is pretty hard to survive for non dragons, Aran'kesh you just need to know which ones you can shield against, which ones you can fly against.  Mirror is doable if you have a good team and the dragons all take on a different shade so the little ones aren't smushed.
  • One thing that can also help a bit is if you have a monk or knight class in your group, mind empathy or defend in chivalry (or someone with a Davis card for Defend on harder rooms) will shift some of the damage you take onto them. I can’t recall the percent damage these shift, so it likely won’t save you if four ogres decide your next but helps with with the odd hits directed at you and any room wide hits. Of course in my experience the mind lock for empathy loves to break at the worst time  :'(
  • Dynos said:
    One thing that can also help a bit is if you have a monk or knight class in your group, mind empathy or defend in chivalry (or someone with a Davis card for Defend on harder rooms) will shift some of the damage you take onto them. I can’t recall the percent damage these shift, so it likely won’t save you if four ogres decide your next but helps with with the odd hits directed at you and any room wide hits. Of course in my experience the mind lock for empathy loves to break at the worst time  :'(
    Defend is 100% of the damage, but only applies to physical damage attacks.
  • Have ran through Fortress/Icosse/Aran'kesh all in the last week as lesser with non-dragons with no deaths. Just a matter of defending, using Safeguard, and being smart with how you pull the mobs.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Have ran through Fortress/Icosse/Aran'kesh all in the last week as lesser with non-dragons with no deaths. Just a matter of defending, using Safeguard, and being smart with how you pull the mobs.

Got a level 80 through Fortress yesterday, our personal best is a level 52 through Aran'kesh with no deaths- yeah. It definitely is doable, you just have to be careful.
  • When I was around level 80 as a RW, I would do arena with someone every day. You get renown for the initial challenge and if they let you win, you get renown for that too. Then you can ask the same person to do rock-paper-scissors with you for a quick 30 renown. Let them win three times. Then you win three times.

Getting to the Saar-elan is definitely do-able. If you have a flying mount or a ring of flying it's definitely easier, but I used to fight my way through the rats and rajamala slavers when I was younger. I did die on quite a few attempts though. It's definitely easier if you remember to Raido at the tree so you don't have to walk back down.

Mhunna is quite difficult even to hit and run. I used to drop an Uruz rune in his room and an Uruz rune outside his room. Pull the knight and bodyguard out. Kill them. Then when you hit Mhunna, an elite keeper spawns. So make sure you kill him first. When both the keeper and mhunna there, you definitely need to just hit once and then spam east because you will die if you stay much longer than that.

Khluhedra is easy. Might not even have to run away, but you can't use Uruz rune there because it's water. Just pull her to the point where she stops following you so you can run away if you need to.

Mahk is also really easy. Obviously you need to be able to breath underwater. He hits really hard but he's also pretty squishy so pull him to the first water room and just go up when you get below half health.

Kurgo is pretty easy usually. If other Ursu join him it gets more difficult. Definitely don't forget Uruz.

There MIGHT be certain seafaring ones you can do. Depending on what city you are in or who you are friends with, if there are ships docked at certain harbours you can board/disembark for some quick renown.

Other than that, learning some quests that have good renown has been my key to success. There are some quests that only give like 20-40-50ish renown but there are others that can give hundreds of renown.