Leveling Advice

Hi everyone,

Name is Kemzu and I'm a bard in Cyrene. I'm working on trying to hit dragon and was hoping to pick some minds. Right now I am level 78, working on hitting 79 before the Serenade in the game happens today. I have a SOA and level 1 crit pendent as well as trans avoidance and trans swashbuckling. I have two vials of the experience elixir and about 100k away from buying the rare mineral. Trying to hit dragon by the time my toon reaches 22 years old, though honestly, I'm thinking 25 might be more realistic.

I was just wondering what I might be missing to increase my leveling speed. I am a human and once I hit 80 I am taking the trait to increase my chance of critical hits. Any other suggestions and tips? I tried searching the forums to see if I could find this elsewhere but didn't have any luck. Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. 

Comments

• edited July 2020
    Pay Penwize to hunt you to dragon, from 80 it'll cost less than any other artifact will. :)

Realistically... Since you didn't mention it, I'd learn up to at least Cantata in voicecraft for mobs that shield. It's infinitely better than using battlerage to raze, or 'raze' to remove shields. Dragon by 22 is definitely possible, Saonji got it bang on 21.

Would be helpful to state whether or not you have access to credits etc, as well, but for now lucky elixir is about the only other thing that'd help noticeably. Rareminerals (not just profithyst) are good, but not worth it unless you have an enormous amount of gold to keep them running. Beyond that, best advice would be to stick to hunting areas where you don't have to run at all. Time spent running/healing up is time spent not bashing; a ton of midbie areas are barely ever hunted constantly, and areas gives more exp the longer they're left unhunted. It adds up fast.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• A Netflix subscription...
  • Saonji said:
    Pay Penwize to hunt you to dragon, from 80 it'll cost less than any other artifact will. :)

Realistically... Since you didn't mention it, I'd learn up to at least Cantata in voicecraft for mobs that shield. It's infinitely better than using battlerage to raze, or 'raze' to remove shields. Dragon by 22 is definitely possible, Saonji got it bang on 21.

Would be helpful to state whether or not you have access to credits etc, as well, but for now lucky elixir is about the only other thing that'd help noticeably. Rareminerals (not just profithyst) are good, but not worth it unless you have an enormous amount of gold to keep them running. Beyond that, best advice would be to stick to hunting areas where you don't have to run at all. Time spent running/healing up is time spent not bashing; a ton of midbie areas are barely ever hunted constantly, and areas gives more exp the longer they're left unhunted. It adds up fast.
    I have Cantata in voicecraft but thought triggering to add raze to queue when they shield was better. I do and don't have access to credits. I just got back from vacation so I'm rebuilding my savings before I go on a spending spree again. Couple months and I'll be back to being able to spend on the game again. Next artifact I was looking at was the bracelets for more health.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Thaisen said:
    A Netflix subscription...

• Kemzu said:
    Saonji said:

I have Cantata in voicecraft but thought triggering to add raze to queue when they shield was better. I do and don't have access to credits. I just got back from vacation so I'm rebuilding my savings before I go on a spending spree again. Couple months and I'll be back to being able to spend on the game again. Next artifact I was looking at was the bracelets for more health.
    Cantata uses voice balance, so you can sing to remove their shield and then jab at the same time. There's not a lot else that you'll need to use voice balance for when bashing. Aria only needs refreshing once per minute (if I remember correctly). Some areas dwinnu will be useful for, but otherwise you should always have voice balance available for cantata.
  • Antonius said:
    Kemzu said:
    Saonji said:

Cantata uses voice balance, so you can sing to remove their shield and then jab at the same time. There's not a lot else that you'll need to use voice balance for when bashing. Aria only needs refreshing once per minute (if I remember correctly). Some areas dwinnu will be useful for, but otherwise you should always have voice balance available for cantata.
    I switched the trigger over to use Cantata the npcs shield. Appreciate the information @Saonji and @Antonius