Raids, war, defiling and PK

Hi All,

Most of you will find this topic silly, but I feel some of us need clarification.

My understand is:

Raids:

- During standard raids, you reach a sanctioned raid by killing the soldiers of the city. You are free to jump any soldier of the city -within- their city without waiting for them to attack first. You can also go for marks and the infamous.

- You shouldn't just randomly target civilians (non-soldiers) else they can hire on you. If this is done repeatedly, you can even issue for it as can be seen as harassment.

- Chasing raiders outside the city for a short while is ok (ideally with a bounty but otherwise too), however probably just 1 or maybe 2 kills.

- Chasing defenders outside the city after the raid is over and the defender is not infamous/mark is not acceptable. The victim can hire. However, I do find it acceptable when (during a raid) they're forcing you to leave one way or another and the raiders are waiting on clouds or defendable to kill that person, but it might be just me.

Wars:

- Same with raids, you can attack soldiers within their city, and infamous or mark soldiers of the city outside the city.

- It is not cool to attack random soldiers outside the city, unless you have a good reason for it like theft, mark or infamous etc.

Defiling:

- If you're part of a group who is defiling and one of you is being witnessed, all in the defiling group can attack the person who witnessed.

Could you please let me know if you agree or disagree with any of my statements, or if you have anything to add?

I realise most of this is common sense for pro combatants, but it would be nice to agree on something for the sake of those returning and newbies. 

Comments

• - During standard raids, you reach a sanctioned raid by killing the soldiers of the city. You are free to jump any soldier of the city -within- their city without waiting for them to attack first. You can also go for marks and the infamous.

This isn't the case, you can reach a sanctioned raid by killing any citizen. In addition, soldiers are not open PK until after a raid starts.
  • All of what you said is accurate except this part:

However, I do find it acceptable when (during a raid) they're forcing you to leave one way or another and the raiders are waiting on clouds or defendable to kill that person, but it might be just me.

That is not okay to do.

This part is also technically against the rules, but as long as it isn't excessive it isn't a big deal.

Chasing raiders outside the city for a short while is ok (ideally with a bounty but otherwise too), however probably just 1 or maybe 2 kills.

• edited June 2020
    Armali said:
    - During standard raids, you reach a sanctioned raid by killing the soldiers of the city. You are free to jump any soldier of the city -within- their city without waiting for them to attack first. You can also go for marks and the infamous.

This isn't the case, you can reach a sanctioned raid by killing any citizen. In addition, soldiers are not open PK until after a raid starts.
    @Cooper

So I don't get it. Can you or can you not walk into a city and start attacking soldiers to get sanction? Do you have to go for infamous and mark first until you get the sanction - then- go for the soldiers?
  • Niraaeth said:
    Armali said:

@Cooper

So I don't get it. Can you or can you not walk into a city and start attacking soldiers to get sanction? Do you have to go for infamous and mark first until you get the sanction - then- go for the soldiers?
    Yes, or if the soldiers come and attack.
  • edited June 2020
    Niraaeth said:
    Armali said:

@Cooper

Fairly certain the answer to your (first) question is no. Soldiers are NOT open pk in the city even if you're trying to sanction. Generally, you should only be hitting them if they are either A.) PK-able for another reason, like infamy, bounty or contract or B.) Actively defending the city against you.

This is part of why people like to be as annoying as possible when trying to get sanction. If you stand in a city and yell stupid shit or kill mobs and smudge, you are fishing for someone to bite and defend against you. If nobody bites and you have no bounties/contracts/infamy/marks etc within the city you're raiding, you're basically out of luck as far as sanction goes.
  • Niraaeth said:
    Armali said:

I apologize, I glossed over that line when reading.

You cannot just attack any city soldiers you want to start a raid - you can only freely attack city soldiers after a sanction has begun.

You get a sanction by killing infamous, marks, bounties, those you have a legitimate RP reason for (wanting to start a sanction is not a legitimate reason), and anyone who attacks your group OR who has grouped up with others who have already attacked.

• Simple rule of thumb: Both sides have to agree to the engagement.

If you are the aggressor then you have chosen the time and place to engage but you can't force the other side to participate. If people leave the defined area they are choosing not to participate in the engagement so don't chase them to force the issue, you have won by virtue of them leaving the battlegrounds.

Yes there are exceptions but if you follow this rule in general you make the game more fun for everyone.