Returning

Hey everyone,

So it's been like 3.5 years since I last played.  And for some reason, I pulled up the Achaea forums and thought wow, you need to start playing again.  

Thing is, I have more or less zero interest in the class I am now (Tri-Trans Magi).  I'm looking for some suggestions from people with experience with all of the changes that have happened.  

I've been;

Blademaster - Loved it, loved the skills and the flavor.  Did not like how difficult it was to track limbs and try to pull off a Brokenstar.  I'm sure BM's have other killpaths, but that's what I was working towards.  Is the bashing still pretty weak?  Is the limb counting still pretty difficult?  I should mention I'm not against putting work into learning a class, I just had no luck with it back when I was a BM in the Ashura.

Infernal/Runewarden/Paladin - Just lumping the Knights together here.  I haven't been an Infernal or Paladin, never really liked the classes that force you to adhere to a certain aspect or religion, though I kinda feel like I'd like some RP mixed in with my PvP/PvE.  I haven't been a Knight since Weaponmastery changes, back when they all got Chivalry, Forging, and Necromancy/Runelore/Devotion.  I had some decent success with Runewarden, runeblades, and artifact broadswords, and  I enjoyed it.  DWC/DWB seems interesting, not really into 2H/SnB.  Is there a more or less "balanced" spec here?  Good at everything, does not excel at anything?

Monk - So every few years I would come back to Achaea, decide I'd like to play, make a monk, absolutely trash people on par with me, but once I really got down to some serious PvP, I'd start getting my ass handed to me, and just lose interest.  Shikudo looks interesting.  Changes into Kaido look a lot more balanced (Kaichoke having a room radius, etc.).  I *didn't* like how you could just roll a Troll/Horkval monk, and more or less out damage most of your enemies.  Is this still the case or are things a little more balanced now?  Is the bashing still SCS/SDK/UCP/UCP or is it a little more involved?  Again, haven't played Monk since I was in the Ashura, way back when.

I do have some artifacts on Mithil; SoA, hunter's belt, a mayan ring, possibly something else.  

Classes I'd be interesting in learning are Shaman and Serpent.  I wouldn't be against playing an aligned class if the skills look interesting though.

Answers

• edited May 2020
    SoA knocks out pretty much all of those classes you have been, except SnB knight which sucks for hunting (I assume you want to hunt as well).

Shaman is pretty damn good in every aspect, even hunting it's great without damage arties. And its class-specific arties (and int/collar) are pretty negligible in pvp.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Saonji said:
    SoA knocks out pretty much all of those classes you have been, except SnB knight which sucks for hunting (I assume you want to hunt as well).

Shaman is pretty damn good in every aspect, even hunting it's great without damage arties. And its class-specific arties (and int/collar) are pretty negligible in pvp.
    FYI snb hunting isn't that bad
  • edited May 2020
    Archaeon said:
    FYI snb hunting isn't that bad
    Full level 3s barely does more dps than unartied Fire Lord/Air Lord. I'd say that's pretty bad.

It got very noticeable buffs, but ... It's still bottom of the barrel. Even Depthswalker is better than it. I think Priest is the only one lower than it, now.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.