Ramblings of a Elementalist

OOC: I'm new to this whole concept of RPG having seen the anime Overlord it piqued my interest so here I am
I have quested and killed things and I am currently lvl 11, but I am unsure where to go with this... as in a "Target" that i want to achieve
so I thought I would poke the forums, it is good to see they are active :)

Comments

• There isn't really one goal in the game. Want to become the highest level person in the game? Go for that. Want to lead a city-state? Do that. Want to be the head of a Divine Order? Do that.

Basically, find an area of the game that's fun to you and run with it.
  • Usually in my DND games I gain a goal of acquiring a Island for myself and expand from there..
    As the reason I chose Magi was Golem craft seemed really interesting
  • Zeintien said:
    Usually in my DND games I gain a goal of acquiring a Island for myself and expand from there..
    As the reason I chose Magi was Golem craft seemed really interesting
    Well getting your own island is not super likely to happen. However you can build a mansion/fortress thing (for about a trillion gold) so that's sorta close?
  • Thanks hahaha but you know what I am getting at, something obscure and unusual.
    So I can get my own place, good to know I have printed out the Manual to have a read as I am 1/3
    of the way to 30 and I have been warned that once i hit that PVP opens up, I dont mind this
    So long as it isnt like WoW and people just stalk you to keep killing you.
  • You could probably find an island in a subdivision to build your castle on. 
  • And just because PvP opens up doesn't mean you have to participate.  There may be an odd time or two you get caught in a crossfire or mistaken for someone who is attacking, but largely that is easy enough to avoid until you have had time to spar with people in the area and start to learn (should you decide to).  Now if you walk around randomly "try a new ability" on people, expect someone bigger to step on your throat as you gasp for life.

• Zeintien said:
    Thanks hahaha but you know what I am getting at, something obscure and unusual.
    So I can get my own place, good to know I have printed out the Manual to have a read as I am 1/3
    of the way to 30 and I have been warned that once i hit that PVP opens up, I dont mind this
    So long as it isnt like WoW and people just stalk you to keep killing you.
    pvp requires a reason to actually be fighting you. If someone does kill you there are numerous ways to go about dealing with it, if you weren't liable to be attacked. You can hire a Champion from the Ivory Mark or an Assassin from the Quisalis Mark to get revenge for you and I think(?) it gives you your experience back when they complete the contract. So if you don't want to do pvp you'll be fine in that regard