Talisman Overhaul: Wishlist.

If you could add some kind of talisman, what would it be? I feel that there are many opportunities to add semi-worthless (but cool and unique) talismans to the game for bashing/questing (mostly questing) purposes as rewards.

Try to keep it realistic. For instance, a talisman-type that I would wish for in Achaea would be denizen item talismans. For example, killing goblins in a filthy goblin village can drop 'goblinboy' or 'goblingirl' talisman pieces that when combined in a subdivision area (ship, OOC subs, in area subs), procs a goblin boy who will eventually age (possibly have RNG descriptions/reacts/interactions based on tradeskill choice of the goblin) who eventually dies of old age (kind of like the ship cats). 

Has anyone else ever thought of talismans that they thought would be cool additions to the game?
The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."

Comments

• There's all sorts of cool talismans they could add. I'm a big fan of fun stuff like actual talismans that could be wearable trophies collected by killing different species, trophies from catching fish/killing sea monsters, city talismans from doing city quests to show civic pride, etc.

These things provide no actual return on investment, though, so mad shit for PK that they can sell for $$$ will always take precedence.

• How about making current talismans -actually- achievable before starting to add new stuff? 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited March 2020
    Sobriquet said:
    How about making current talismans -actually- achievable before starting to add new stuff? 
    I feel like with the current strides they are taking that current talismans are more achievable. I think an easier ask of current IRE to bring more activity would be to reward activities with new talismans. The current adventures setup shows what a credit reward would do to motivate people, yet the bazaars show how much players like unique items with different interactions. By adding things that don’t detract value or affect the in game economy (other than the new specific talisman market for those items- also gold sink!), I think we could get some cool new features that reward doing quests and activities that aren’t part of the renown system currently.

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."