Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

New computer stealing old computer IP

TahquilTahquil Posts: 4,082Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
Sup, so recently I brought a new laptop to game on to replace my old dying, some-keys-not-working laptop. This morning I had them both set up and connected to the internet simulataneously. I turned my one off when I went to work. I came home to work on the old laptop and suddenly it's saying it has no valid IP. My new one is still working though.

Please, please please help me to get both working again!

Comments

• CaeyaCaeya Posts: 35Member
    edited December 2012
    Turn your router off, leave off for 20 seconds. Start both laptops up and check.

If both do not have an IP, enter the router admin page and ensure that DHCP is enabled. (Also make sure the IP settings on both laptops are not set statically).
    Innovate or Die.
  • SarapisSarapis Posts: 3,397Member, Administrator Achaean staff
    You could also try opening a dos window if you're in Windows (type CMD in the search bar under the Windows start menu to bring up a dos window) and then type "ipconfig release", wait until it's done doing its thing, and then "ipconfig renew". 
  • ExelethrilExelethril Posts: 3,328Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    This might be useful, it relates to Windows 8 - http://helpdesk.illinoisstate.edu/kb/1118/How_to_release_and_renew_an_IP_address_in_Windows/

Technically, the website restates what Sarapis said.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • TahquilTahquil Posts: 4,082Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Thanks guys. :)
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of MhaldorPosts: 537Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    This might be useful, it relates to Windows 8 - http://helpdesk.illinoisstate.edu/kb/1118/How_to_release_and_renew_an_IP_address_in_Windows/

Technically, the website restates what Sarapis said.
    @Exelethril: Hrm. That's my alma mater.
  • JonathinJonathin Retirement hole.Posts: 3,315Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I'm a bit late, but if the problem persists you could set up a static IP, which is what I ended up doing with my computers.

My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!
    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

• HaloHalo Posts: 57Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    ipconfig release/renew should work if the router has dhcp enabled unless you're using a dhcp server to handle ip assignments.
Sign In to Comment.