Ads

Just curious on everyone's opinion.

Been thinking lately on the market channel and the AD system. Seems to me that with player on different play times it can be very hard to buy or sell certain things. The directory command has really helped with shop stuff, but things like talisman pieces and trades are, as far as I know, only accessible if you catch the advertisement of the seller or buyer. Would you guys say it's okay to deal stuff on a place like the forums or would it ve cool to have like a bazaar in game where you can buy to put up some stuff you're selling for some time? Might be harder to pull off in-game, but I understand that the forums might not be the best place for this kind of stuff.. let me hear your thoughts, all of us have spent long hours trying to buy some crowns or sell some talisman pieces..

Comments

• Dominius said:

but things like talisman pieces
    You mean like TALISMAN MARKET ?

• ^ This. 

Although I've found the pieces on market are usually way over priced

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • That's not the fault of the market tbh, but Delos. Before Death was introduced the prices on lower-end pieces were not so disgusting.
  • Point taken, but that's not the discussion I hoped to spark, talisman market is much like the credit market.. anonymous. No chances to contact the seller with other offers unless he or she also advertises it. I meant more like people sitting on things others might want and who wouldn't mind a good bargain, bring some movement into it
  • edited November 2019
    https://www.achaea.com/game-help/?id=27 ?

Edit: Apparently you already know this exists, in which case I don't know what you want to discuss. There are tools that already exist to facilitate trades with literally anybody in the game already.

It would be nice if you could trade pieces to offline players, but nothing else is needed.
  • Vinzent said:
    That's not the fault of the market tbh, but Delos. Before Death was introduced the prices on lower-end pieces were not so disgusting.
    Nothing to do with Delos, this was happening long before that. People just price it high on the off chance someone will pay it while they look to sell it elsewhere. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Nah, it wasn't regular for low-end Death pieces. One in a dozen, maybe, but not every single one.
  • If you want to reach people in other timezones for non-talisman items, time your market calls strategically. Or hire someone to do so for you. Or hang posters. 

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • All good ideas. I’ve always loved the idea of marketing posters. That is, if you can keep people from destroying them.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Ok, maybe I'm the only one who thinks it'd be nice to scroll through a central market place or website with player names and what they are offering. Just like someone sitting on 900 sips of lucky who's tired of advertising who puts that up and you know you can check if they're on for sips of lucky etc.. I thought it might make distribution easier, but it seems you all are content with current systems! Thanks for the feedback!
  • edited November 2019
    I would actually like it if there was something akin to the comms market for these things, but you can't list more than 1-3 items. So if you want to sell a specific card, you can go to the shop, put the items in, they sell for gold, and the shop takes 10% as a gold sink. Your items remain there until removed or sold, and don't take gold unless they sell. You can place, say, an ashaxei card, a vial of 50 sips of lucky and a crate with a pet in it. 

Not even a comms market, but just a shop in Delos. 
  • That exists on Meropis, but... it's on Meropis...
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited November 2019
    Dominius said:
    Ok, maybe I'm the only one who thinks it'd be nice to scroll through a central market place or website with player names and what they are offering. Just like someone sitting on 900 sips of lucky who's tired of advertising who puts that up and you know you can check if they're on for sips of lucky etc.. I thought it might make distribution easier, but it seems you all are content with current systems! Thanks for the feedback!
    I really don't like the idea of this being on forums or a separate website. Much too OOC. Meanwhile, shops already allow you to sell while offline, and directories let people see what is in stock in your shop.

Market advertising is a way to make people aware of shop stock and work around not having a physical shop. This seems adequate to me. Issues with obtaining shops and selling from them are a different and largely in-character (other than the difficulty of figuring out -what- exactly has sold) concern.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Real money talisman auction house when 
  • Archaeon said:
    Real money talisman auction house when 
    Oh god the D3 nightmares return
  • There's a consignment shop in Orilla (correct me if I'm wrong) but barely anyone uses it. It's exactly what your post suggests. You put something up for a price and people can just buy it. Sadly, it's on Meropis which may be why it's so under used