Skeleton Key- Waste Not Want Not

edited September 2019 in North of Thera
So apparently, when you make a skeleton key, like so: 

Sorting through several bloodied fingers, you select one of acceptable length. Taking up a skinning knife, you peel away flesh with deft strokes, stripping it to the bone. With practised strokes of the knife, you carefully whittle away at the crimson-stained bone, delicately carving the piece into an intricate scrimshaw key.

You don't even need 4 of the 5 fingers apparently! I feel like the whole 'needing five fingers' process to getting this message is a bit.. flawed? It feels like the only reason you even need 5 is so that this success message makes sense. 

The topic I think I'm trying to post is.. is there any way we could perhaps change the way skeleton keys work? This is a really cool concept and I'm not asking for their acquisition to be easier per-se, however, I think a lot of cool different methods would be something a lot of us seafarers would be into. 

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."