Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

SnB hunting balances (Runie)

MhelyssaMhelyssa Member Posts: 3
In player combat, snb speed/damage is based on shield type. Something like 2.1s unartied longsword/buckler, to ~3.2s unartied longsword/tower.

However, when hunting, I run into a flat 2.9s balance, regardless of shield type. I am more than aware that the class is sub-par hunting. But I like the spec, it suits the character, and I want it to work. Is the 2.9s balance to be expected? 
Tagged:

Answers

  • SophiSophi Rally PointMember Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Are you using rend instead of slice?
  • MhelyssaMhelyssa Member Posts: 3
    k-man bashing says combination &tar slice smash
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 1,737 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited July 15
    It's one of the many weird inconsistencies with SnB. Their hunting attack is slower vs mobs than it is vs players. 2.9 sounds wrong, though. Are you using the Nimble trait? If I recall the hunting bal should be somewhere around ~2.4-2.5

    Also do you have longsword proficiency? I can't remember what SnB starts with, whether it's that or broadsword.

  • DavokDavok Member Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    They start with longsword proficiency. I don't recall the balance time, but yes, it is close to a second slower than against adventurers.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lolMember Posts: 360 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    2.9 is right.
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,907 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    That hasn't always been the case. I haven't hunted with sword and shield for a few years, but I would have noticed if it was ~1 second slower than I was expecting.

    Has anybody bugged this? It doesn't really sound intentional. I can't think of any other examples where balance times for the same attack are different against players and NPCs.
  • DochithaDochitha Member Posts: 1,408 @ - Epic Achaean
    It's been slower than pvp for a long time. 
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 1,880 @ - Epic Achaean
    Yeah I don't SnB but I thought that was always the gripe about it... great for PvP but slow for bashing?

  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,907 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Caelan said:
    Yeah I don't SnB but I thought that was always the gripe about it... great for PvP but slow for bashing?
    It was "slow" for bashing because the damage is crap, not because it literally attacked slowly.

    If it's gotten slower - and it wasn't that slow two or three years ago - then that makes it even worse.
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 1,737 @ - Epic Achaean
    SnB hunting has always been slower than their PvP, literally since its inception. Like I said though I don't recall it being nearly a full second slower, it was like half a second at most.

  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesMember Posts: 2,533 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I tested on my falcon just now (nimble, level 3 longsword, SoA) and got ~2.1s consistently.  Definitely don't see the huge difference of 2.9s vs 2.1 mentioned above. 
    image
  • SophiSophi Rally PointMember Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I got 2.9-3.0s with forged longsword. 3.0-3.1s using rend instead of slice. Nimble, SoA as well.
    Archaeon
  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 5,210 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited July 16
    Please bug that!

    Sounds like weaponmastery for S&B isn't reflecting the increase in speed as you learn.

  • RhivonaRhivona Member, Moderator Posts: 139 Moderator
    Cooper said:
    Please bug that!

    Sounds like weaponmastery for S&B isn't reflecting the increase in speed as you learn.
    it hasn't for a while - it's just shield type that influences balance speed.
    On that note, the modifier for S&B bashing damage has been increased.
    MhelyssaJakiro
  • JakiroJakiro Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Rhivona said:
    Cooper said:
    Please bug that!

    Sounds like weaponmastery for S&B isn't reflecting the increase in speed as you learn.
    it hasn't for a while - it's just shield type that influences balance speed.
    On that note, the modifier for S&B bashing damage has been increased.
    Hate to resurrect an older thread but I have to ask if the bolded statement applies to hunting only or pvp as well?
    image
  • TasusTasus Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Jakiro said:
    Rhivona said:
    Cooper said:
    Please bug that!

    Sounds like weaponmastery for S&B isn't reflecting the increase in speed as you learn.
    it hasn't for a while - it's just shield type that influences balance speed.
    On that note, the modifier for S&B bashing damage has been increased.
    Hate to resurrect an older thread but I have to ask if the bolded statement applies to hunting only or pvp as well?
    Yes. It affects PVP. 
  • JakiroJakiro Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Tasus said:
    Jakiro said:
    Rhivona said:
    Cooper said:
    Please bug that!

    Sounds like weaponmastery for S&B isn't reflecting the increase in speed as you learn.
    it hasn't for a while - it's just shield type that influences balance speed.
    On that note, the modifier for S&B bashing damage has been increased.
    Hate to resurrect an older thread but I have to ask if the bolded statement applies to hunting only or pvp as well?
    Yes. It affects PVP. 
    So sword speed doesn't? Or did I understand that wrong?
    image
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 2,317 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Jakiro said:
    Tasus said:
    Jakiro said:
    Rhivona said:
    Cooper said:
    Please bug that!

    Sounds like weaponmastery for S&B isn't reflecting the increase in speed as you learn.
    it hasn't for a while - it's just shield type that influences balance speed.
    On that note, the modifier for S&B bashing damage has been increased.
    Hate to resurrect an older thread but I have to ask if the bolded statement applies to hunting only or pvp as well?
    Yes. It affects PVP. 
    So sword speed doesn't? Or did I understand that wrong?
    sword speed should affect your slice and rend speed by .1s per level IIRC, but I've never been snb so this is just third-hand information. 


    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Taryius says, "Oops, thats not a foray. Thats two novices going at it in the wilderness."
    Jakiro
Sign In to Comment.