I've been gone from Achaea since right around the introduction of multi-class / houses. I moved to Aetolia, and then quit Aetolia in about 2015ish. I'm looking to get back into muds, and Iron Realms are my favourites. However, changes made to the PvE experience in Aetolia during my absence have me seriously disinterested in the game, so I'm considering a return to Achaea. Hopefully, I'll find some answers here that'll set me on the right path.
- Is PvE viable as a main mechanical interest? What I mean is, can one sustain the costs of bashing in Achaea by bashing? This is not really possible in Aetolia any longer.
- Has any sort of streamlining taken place with regards to PvE viability? Back in the day, horkval monks could do whatever they wanted in PvE, but a satyr druid struggled in their level bracket, much less above it.
- There doesn't seem to be an up-to-date system on the forums, and while I know that all Iron Realms games offer server side curing now, is it viable to hop into the game with no system and bash into end game and beyond, or will the server side curing alone only get me so far?
- Aetolia has a robust, in game mapping system that largely negates the need to wander around blindly. Does Achaea?
- Is Dragon as a class useful, or will I still find myself bashing in whatever class I used to get there?
I'm sure there's a ton more stuff I should be asking that'll be relevant to my ability to have fun in Achaea, but in short, I'm looking to PvE and role play - I have nearly no interest in PvP, but I'm also feeling sort of old. I know that Achaea is likely a completely different game than I remember, but I'm a much different player/person than I was the first time around, so I'm wondering if I might fit in better here now than I did in yesteryear.
Thanks for your time!