Unexpected willpower drain with metawake

I'm really not sure where to post this, but I've been chasing down an unexpected high willpower drain over the last few days. Today I let my willpower drain all the way to zero, and noticed that metawake was turning off. Then CURINGSYSTEM would try to turn it back on, willpower would drop again turning it off, lather rinse repeat. Take metawake out of my curing priority and *bam*, willpower goes up instead of down while idling.

AB METAWAKE says that metawake has a mana drain, but says nothing about willpower. I'm given to understand that the AB scrolls are sometimes out of date, so no big deal if so. I'm just trying to understand what's going on, and maybe help someone else like me who's having unexpected willpower issues.

Now to address this cinnamon roll on my desk. Hmm, speaking of willpower ....

Comments

• Yes, metawake has a large willpower drain (in addition to the mana drain). There may be the odd exception, but in general "has a mana drain" also means "has a willpower drain".
  • Antonius said:
    Yes, metawake has a large willpower drain (in addition to the mana drain). There may be the odd exception, but in general "has a mana drain" also means "has a willpower drain".
    Pretty sure each draining ability has a different drain, too. Some are more hefty than others!
  • Yup, that is intentional. 

• Along with assuming willpower goes along with mana drains, you should expect any defence that can be turned on and off to drain either willpower or endurance, and willpower/endurance costs aren't usually mentioned in AB files.
  • I do sort of wish they were mentioned in AB files though, to clarify things like this.
  • It also facilitates communication and the exploration of abilities at your disposal.