Using an old perma-dormant character to post this, so I know exactly a bit more of what I wanna do.
So, I used to play off and on, I was around during the Bal'met incident, and I was a regular a bit before that as well. I remember the ship sailing stuff was fun, fishing was interesting, and combat was actually semi-manageable, either because I had a Vadi system at the time, or some other reason that allowed me to actually manage as a low-tier combatant. I won't cover who I was, because I'm coming into the game fresh.
So, now that introducing myself is out of the way. I'd like to ask a question of the player base, and get a few pointers.
1. How hard is it to get to level 100? I'm coming from my main home over in Aetolia, where getting endgame is intended to be such a breeze, that it's actually rare for anyone to -not- be one of the three end-game races, because people will actively drag new players out hunting to take them to level 90-95, even 97, and go over everything they need to bash to help them hit that level 100, and it isn't hard to stack XP multipliers, with 300% xp being rather easy if you work at it.
2. what's the best class for the goal of attaining dragon? I know BladeMaster was one of my preferred classes on a short-lived character, but I couldn't find myself sticking with the "grind" at the time, and other things in my life had pulled me away before I could genuinely claim the character, and as a side-note, are forestal type classes still restricted to Eleusis, with Alchemists being the opposite that locks forestal types (like druids, which was the class I was thinking of playing) from joining?
3. How difficult is it to find RP with everyone? Is everyone generally quiet in regards to "hooks" offered, but otherwise might response to individual nudges or pokes? Would it be difficult for me to walk up to a city or community where a gathering of players are, and offer a "hook" for RP with me, and anyone in the group will speak up?
4. How quiet is the general game's combat scene? Is combat difficult to get into again? Or is it as easy as it was around the Bal'Met incident, where I wasn't anyone special, but I was capable of handling myself, probably thanks to that system I mentioned. Or some other curing system, I forget how I set it up, and it's been the equivalent of a decade's worth of time in my brain since then, it feels like.
5. oh! how hard is it to get that multi-chromatic relic/artifact thing that was a big thing around the Bal'met incident that allows players to rotate between each dragon color?
Thank you, and I want to say I'm looking forward into possibly joining back up, instead of wandering off to Starmourn or something (not to crap on it, I'm just not sure on whether or not sci-fi is for me, when I've always been a high-fantasy sorta dude)