Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules
A Brief History Of 2018, And 2019 Teasers!
To shake things up a little, we're going to wrapup 2018 by answering some questions that have been posed to us over the year!2018's biggest villian? (This also lead to the saddest moment of the whole year!)
What are our favourite changes/additions?
- Taryius. His smile and bald-faced lying to Adchachel will forever break our event runner's heart.
- Adchachel being consigned to the flames again. That was awful and everyone who participated in that event should feel ashamed of themselves!
Are any of the mechanical changes from 2018 works in progress, and will we see them involved in more in the future?
- The start of 2018 saw a massive overhaul to veils and gems, making Achaea seem as populous as it really is, and making conflict offer more meaningful avenues of resolution and retaliation.
- Survival becoming a level based skillset is something we're really happy with, for all of the obvious reasons!
- Furnishing had been a bugbear of ours for a while. We were far from happy with the last incarnation, but balancing the staff time needed to handle design submissions along with all the other tasks that go into keeping Achaea moving forward was definitely a point of discussion. We're much happier with the way this system is working now and the expanded options we are able to offer.
- Underworld expansion! This is very different to the Underworld everyone knew and loved, but we think it represents a more modern Achaea, a fluid land where mindless killing doesn't solve all problems and isn't the best course for success.
- Nur and the release of the Psion class. Nur is a very different area to most that get released in Achaea, it's a big lore expansion without it simply being a document to read, to really get the full picture of what Nur is and unlock all of its secrets will take patience, research, and attention to detail.
- The continuation of the pygmy conspiracy. This questline answers a lot of questions that Orgoraz and Beku refused to answer, and it sheds a little light on the plots and plans of one of Achaea's big bads.
What releases/additions do we think need further work?
- Warehousing is the big one here, this is very much a starting post system and once we've really studied how this affects commodity storage through the game we'll be able to dig further into commodity useage and generation in Achaea, hopefully unlocking more systems and interactions for everyone to enjoy.
- City morale. This is a lot like warehousing above where it's a base measure that we're watching play out and will tie into other city based and conflict systems.
Most importantly, what can you look forward to next year?
- Dragon lairs definitely have some teething problems, but we'll be working to get these fixed up.
- The quest log system! This is a great system and it lets us be much more consistent with rewards and gold/xp generation, but it is such a new system that we have many many quests still to transition over. We will be working on this next year!
- The Year 800 games will be upon us in no time! We have some really big plans and surprises in store for these games, so get to reading and training now!
- As we said above, we'll be continuing our push on the quest integration, and we hope to be fully done with this project before 2019 is over!
- With warehousing now working nicely, we'll continue our expansion of the various commodity systems, hopefully driving generation, use, and conflict in 2019.
- In 2019 we're going to start digging into organisational cultures, and building tools and lore to foster immersion and character development along these lines all across Achaea.
- Classleads will return in full force. 2018 got a little derailed in this department, but we're looking forward to a fresh round opening in January.
- Events and Gods! We have a great team of Gods in the Garden and I'm sure 2019 won't pass by without each of them treading the boards and leaving their stamp upon the stories and lives that play out in Achaea every day.
- And as always we'll be continuing our dedication to the quality of life of all Achaea's players and our gameplay features. This will include big pushes on bugs, system streamlining, and ideas.
So, these are some of the big questions we get asked. Do you have a question for us about 2018 or 2019? Ask them below and we'll answer what we can!