Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

IRE app

HirstHirst Posts: 209Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
Does IRE have an app for smartphones to check messages and news and the like?

Comments

• VadimusesVadimuses Posts: 1,095Member @ - Epic Achaean
    I made an unofficial one (with IREs blessing to do so) for Android: IRE helper.
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of MhaldorPosts: 537Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    No, but Vadi does:

And for some reason, I'm not finding it for iOS. Not sure if it's available.
  • HirstHirst Posts: 209Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    So none for iPhone? Dang
  • IdelisaIdelisa Posts: 385Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    My poor iPhone gets no love. D:
  • VadimusesVadimuses Posts: 1,095Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Mostly because they're being quite difficult themselves. Sorry.
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of MhaldorPosts: 537Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Yeah, to develop an iOS app, you must first own a Mac, and then it's somewhere between $100-300 US to get the SDK (depending on a couple of factors, like if you're an educational institution, for-profit business, etc). Compare that to Android, and you get: can develop on Mac, Windows, or Linux; SDK is free. That explains quite a bit why you can find so many more free apps in the Google Play Store than you can in iOS's App Store. (I have an Android phone and an iPad both).
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaPosts: 6,276Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    And that's if you want to code in objective-C, which I personally can't stand. If you want to do it in a language that wont have you pulling your hair out, you've gotta shell out another 300 bucks for a MonoTouch license (for C# in my case) as well.

It's just a massive pain in the behind to do anything on non-jailbroken iOS devices.
    Amranu
Sign In to Comment.