Harvesting

I've done a lot of extracting, and now harvesting, since I picked up the trade skill. Harvesting is pretty much awful. Places like the forests net very very little in terms of plants. Deserts are even worse. And let's not even talk about the rivers, cause I'm liable to go into a seizure.

Extracting minerals is so much easier than harvesting plants simply because you can get more. I think that harvesting should be brought in line with extracting. Plants should net more, period.

How the hell people are selling plants at anywhere from 3 per to 6 is beyond me. The scarcity alone is going to force me to bump up prices to astounding levels. Either that, or Eleusis is going to get minerals from me!

Thoughts?

Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

Comments

• Neither is inherently worse for moneymaking than the other. It took me barely a month to make back the credits I used to buy harvesting gloves. And that was purely from harvesting like an hour every day or so (sometimes less, sometimes a bit more, not always every day). I could've easily made it back sooner.
    Forests don't net many because they're all in very close proximity to cities, so they're easy for people to practically strip harvest. I prefer the 'non-prime' (the old definition of 'prime') forests for mine. Only thing I have any real issue harvesting is pear, and even that I've managed to amass quite a bit of over time. Ginseng is pretty wildly hit or miss though; some days I get like 100 after a full run, other days I come out with like 900-1000. No other herb is that huge of a disparity for me, not counting pear which is garbage always.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I have no issues filling my rift with harvesting, largely prefer it over extracting because I like only needing environments instead of different areas.

I have an overflowing rift for pear because of places like Zaphar, Tapoa, and parts of Meropis.

As long as you’re not hitting the same highly traversed places as everyone else, harvesting is entirely fine. I think it’s marginally less effort involved. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• You have to harvest in the areas that aren't hit several times a day or you won't get very good returns.

• Time of day can hurt/help too.  Certain times, the common rivers are barren of kelp, other times, you can get 300-600 easy.

I have a full rift of 10,000 of each herb (and mineral, and the whatchamacallits that make the minerals) and a chest with close to 5k average of others.  It isn't hard.  Grove ones do suck, but my harvester is pretty simple and I have Gloves of Harvesting (and Extracting which I bought shortly before the stupid change).  I also know a fair few "lesser known" areas on mainland to hit for certain things.

I greatly prefer harvesting over extracting and transmuting. Just plain easier IMO.  If I am bone-dry on elixirs and max out all my artie vials, top up a shop, and get in a 3 hour raid, I can still get back to 10k herbs in 1 or 2 hours.  Whereas it took me something like 3 weeks of doing NOTHING but transmuting salt into metal into minerals.  F that. (and yes, I know they changed it, but the saltiness over it is real)

• I suspect the issue here is that Ismay doesn't have the same issue with extracting.. Having it be "hit and miss", having to "go outside the common areas", "timing it to specific times of the day". :pensive:

Filling your rift is one thing, harvesting enough to meet the demand on a shop is an entirely different matter.
  • Timing it to specific times of the day is only an option if you can play during those times. If the ideal time to harvest is after the serenade, for example, then that screws most people in Europe.
  • That, and having to sail for hours just to find a reasonable amount of some herbs is ridiculous. Not all of us have island wings.

200-300 of a plant for one harvesting run is actually not a good number, not when you can't just go back and harvest it again the next hour for the same amount. Plants just don't grow that fast.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"