Fallout 76

KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
Reclamation Day kicks off in less than 24 hours! Who all is excited and ready for this? I am prepared and ready to climb into a set of power armour already.

Comments

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Fuck that. 
  • Really looking forward to Fallout76  B)B)B)

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    I was until the beta reviews.... might still pick it up but my expectations went from huge to none. 
  • It is on my radar but after watching it on twitch im holding out for now. It looks identical to fallout 4 but without npcs im not sure how there will be any story building.
  • I don't really see lack of human NPC's as a problem, personally.  There are other npc's and it's supposed to be a place devoid of human life.  There are a bunch of problems but overall it can be played like a single player game if that's what you want.  It reminds me of guild wars a bit.  A lot of reviewers got fixated on the bad stuff but there is plenty of good.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Yeah, everyone expecting it to be another single player RPG will likely be disappointed, because Bethesda have set from the start that's not what it's going to be. It's intentionally designed as an MMO, and from what I've seen of the beta, looks like it will be fun regardless, especially when playing with friends. They also released it much earlier than expected. I'm assuming that was a bit in the way of an apology for so many people losing their pre-load data during the beta.

• Y'all will have to let us know how it is. I love Fallout, but I'm hesitant to get this one since the reviews have been pretty terrible so far. Keep us updated!

edited November 2018
    Day one has been a blast. Running around, looting, questing, exploring, killing shit. Having a lot of fun with it.

• Antidas said:
    Y'all will have to let us know how it is. I love Fallout, but I'm hesitant to get this one since the reviews have been pretty terrible so far. Keep us updated!
    I'm in the same boat. From what I have seen it looks like a stripped down version of Fallout 4. Gonna give this one some room before buying.
    (Holocaust Inc): Taryius says, "Waait *hic* .. Quaff drInks *hic*  everything in a bott *hic* lee, I tHouGhf It was just 5
    sipSh.."
  • I like it a lot.  Played it a bunch.  The textures seem very similar but there is much more in the world, so it looks more realistic.  The action is pretty good, can be difficult sometimes.  I've played basically 100% solo and haven't had any issues doing stuff except occasionally events (events aren't supposed to be done solo though so whatever).  I don't find any problem with lack of human NPC's, there is a story reason for it and there are plenty of robot NPC's.
    Torinn said:
    I like it a lot.  Played it a bunch.  The textures seem very similar but there is much more in the world, so it looks more realistic.  The action is pretty good, can be difficult sometimes.  I've played basically 100% solo and haven't had any issues doing stuff except occasionally events (events aren't supposed to be done solo though so whatever).  I don't find any problem with lack of human NPC's, there is a story reason for it and there are plenty of robot NPC's.

I ran around in Grafton today shooting Super Mutants in the face with a shotgun. So much fun, and some really great loot.

• edited November 2018
    Went to the prison and got mobbed.  Almost died four times, was the first challenging place I've been, prior to that it seemed ezmode.  Through hiding, playing with terrain, and getting quick headshots I managed to take the super mutants down.  I now have over 1000 .308 rounds lol.  

Later I deployed my shack and then while I was leaving got attacked by a weird named thing that has long neck and big teeth and spits shit.  Nearly died a few more times again and only through having it smack my shed door while I shot it through a window did I manage to take it down.  How a thin shitty wood door withstood that monster (and still had half health) I'll never know.

Even more later I had to kill two of those things.. so figuring I would plan ahead I started laying frag mines down.  After two were laid, the third and fourth disappeared.  I thought they were maybe clipping through the ground.  Then when I laid the fifth to try and replace it, it (and the rest) blew me sky high for no discernable reason.  Pretty sure bits of me are still falling around the area.  

Lots of fun. I want to mention that aluminum is super important and also difficult to find.  I highly recommend grabbing any and all you can find anywhere you go.  You use it to repair weapons and create work stations and stuff.
    edited November 2018
    Some interesting stuff to be stumbled upon. Such as this skeleton launcher.

Or this Eyebot who was roaming around, playing revolutionary flute music, with a trail of rad rats following behind.

• My username is madchenspieler, I think I'm around level 26 & and I would love some more folks to party up with!
    That new update coming soon brings a lot of things I'm excited about. I believe stash limit is going to 1k (I think?), and the ability to decorate your camp with items you find out in the world, which I've wanted since day one.