I've been playing with these three a little, to see how they affect Druid mobility. I was hoping someone could check my understanding:
1) It seems like RECLAMATION BEGIN takes a few seconds, but is not channeled, so you can do things while doing it. You can only use RECLAMATION BEGIN once until you use RECLAMATION RELINQUISH.
2) Once you've used RELINQUISH you can RECLAMATION BEGIN another room.
3) RECLAMATION EXPAND seems to be the only real way to claim more than one room at a time (i.e. you have to expand from your initial reclaimed room). The only exception is the skill that absorbs bodies, but I'm counting that out as only semi-reliable.
4) RECLAMATION RELINQUISH removes all of your claimed rooms. This means you can't get around 1), 2) and 3) by using BEGIN, then EXPAND, then RELINQUISH only the room you claimed via BEGIN.
If I'm understanding correctly, the above four mechanics leads to the following restrictions/combat styles:
a) All of your reclaimed rooms need to be connected (i.e. start with BEGIN, expand adjacently with EXPAND or other skills).
b) If someone runs more than one room, you either need to follow them slowly and RECLAMATION EXPAND each time you move, or;
c) you need to claim then expand into a bunch of rooms to try and pre-empt their movement/control an area, or;
d) you need to treat this as a one-room skill, and use RECLAMATION RELINQUISH then RECLAMATION BEGIN each time someone moves.
Am I misunderstanding the basics here?
Beyond that, what happens if you RELINQUISH a single room? Do your Reclamation passives shut down, forcing you to set them back up again?
Appreciate anyone's insight.@Rom
- if you're still around, pinging you as I've seen a lot of good answers from you on Hydra combos, Groves, and some info on Reclamation.
Edits: typos and clarity about expand being the "only" skill to claim more than one room.
Come join the Achaea discord!
EXPANDING to a room that is your grove, a ported grove or an ally's shared grove finishes immediately, so is not a channeled action. If you're under fire and have an artie quarterstaff or a pile of non-artie quarterstaves, you can PLANT QUARTERSTAFF->RECLAMATION EXPAND. Roughly double the total time per room, but isn't channeled so you can cure while doing it.
You can also add rooms to the network using RECLAMATION REGROWTH. This only works in exterm'd rooms, but it isn't channeled so has niche uses in group v group combat in the forest. (E.g walk into enemy group in exterm'd room, REGROWTH, wait for the zerg to FLOW in).
You can also SUBSUME an allied druid's network. This can make it faster to spread vines to many rooms.
Edit: it does, however, take 2-3 seconds to complete.