Environment and Creature Art - Suggest to me please!

edited October 2018 in The Blank Canvas
Hey there.

I do traditional and digital painting, and would like to do some landscapes/concepts/maps of stuff in Achaea.

I'm going to look around on my own for cool rooms to paint, but if any of you have a room in a city, or anywhere that you think would look neat painted, could you post a description of it? The same can be said for interesting monsters (guardians, denizens, anything non player is fair game)

I don't really want to do players at this point but we will see what happens.

These will be for the most part speed paints (not hyper detailed) but I frequently fall too far into pieces so we will see how that works out.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• I'd love to see a rendering of Umbriel, the muse of Suffering, sometime. I dunno if she counts as a creature/monster.

Appearing as little more than a shade of darkness, this ethereal woman is easily missed. Closer inspection reveals instead the bewitching form of a young female, with long ringlets of midnight-black hair trickling down to settle against her bare, pale flesh, stretching nearly to the waist in silken locks. Her cream-coloured skin is pallid in contrast to the shadows caressing her, and her quivering lips lazily form an enigmatic smile as a soft, unending melody issues forth, cobalt-blue eyes glittering like steel beneath the sun. The apparition of Umbriel, the muse, brings forth with each bated breath, a cool air of wanton desire tinged with delicate hints of the exhilaration inherent in the inspiration she is capable of gifting upon others. Umbriel, the muse seems strong and confident.

I'll try and think of more things, this seems like a really cool project.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Those denizens you find deep sea diving are pretty interesting, merrows, sea dragons, sea spiders etc.
  • Jiraishin said:
    I'd love to see a rendering of Umbriel, the muse of Suffering, sometime. I dunno if she counts as a creature/monster.

Appearing as little more than a shade of darkness, this ethereal woman is easily missed. Closer inspection reveals instead the bewitching form of a young female, with long ringlets of midnight-black hair trickling down to settle against her bare, pale flesh, stretching nearly to the waist in silken locks. Her cream-coloured skin is pallid in contrast to the shadows caressing her, and her quivering lips lazily form an enigmatic smile as a soft, unending melody issues forth, cobalt-blue eyes glittering like steel beneath the sun. The apparition of Umbriel, the muse, brings forth with each bated breath, a cool air of wanton desire tinged with delicate hints of the exhilaration inherent in the inspiration she is capable of gifting upon others. Umbriel, the muse seems strong and confident.

I'll try and think of more things, this seems like a really cool project.

Yeah anything non player is fair game! 
  • @Aesi
    I wanna see what Rally Point looks like, if you want to draw it.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I don't have the actual desc - maybe @Dunn does? - but there's a room between the end of Creation and the start of the Void where Babel chills/summons people to sometimes. I always thought that had to be a super cool-looking, if absolutely terrifying, place. I imagine that might be difficult to draw but it'd be interesting to see!

I also think I'd love to see imaginings of Celestia and the Inferno (or rather, a small part of each, as both are pretty big).

Also also, would love to see your imaginings of a tritonic city-state. You can use Lothos as a basic primer, too.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby