Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

The South-West of England.

Comments

• KatiaKatia Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    hmm.. maybe. 
    I have the 18th and 19th off work.. but not the 17th yet.. I might see if I can get it
    Lodi
  • MishgulMishgul ROTHERHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMember Posts: 5,372 @@ - Legendary Achaean

SOMEONE IS IN SHEFFIELD? WE MUST SIMPLY MEET. I NEED SOCIAL INTERACTION, MY BAR IS EMPTY.

Also we have a krispy kreme's so we can meet up there.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • ChryenthChryenth Member Posts: 1,323 @ - Epic Achaean
    Haha. Sure, if I can get away. I'll be stuck in Pond's Forge for most of the weekend. :p
  • MishgulMishgul ROTHERHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMember Posts: 5,372 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    i work near there

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    As soon as I have more concrete times/dates, I'll message you. :)
    Mishgul
    Carmain is a visit whore.. never admit to living near by!
    Chryenth
    :( 

-

As drawn by Shayde
    Chryenth
    I forsee exactly three visits to Sheffield in my entire life. I'm sure I'll be fine. :)
    LodiMishgul
    whelp... I just lost my job.. so I might actually be free for this now... but then.. people might take pictures.. and who really wants to meet a middle aged fat chick?
  • DornDorn Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    It's fine, @Katia. If anyone takes pictures, and I show up, the cameras will shatter.
    edited February 2013
    Okay, if this is actually happening, I need a proper time to arrive for and some way of knowing who I'm meeting (even if it's just 'I'll be carrying a sign'). I'm catching a train down, and I'm really not keen on the idea of showing up at noon/1pm and waiting until someone vaguely Achaean-ish shows up.
    Well, I am unfortunately no longer available. My bad for saying 'Yes' too quickly to helping a guy out - now I'm kind of obligated to be at every training session, or else.

Unless we're doing this on the Saturday, in which case I'm all good. Alas, I have no sign to carry. :/

Also the Cardiff/Swansea train line is -ed up by engineering works right now, so I might not be able to get there anyway. Fun times.
  • LodiLodi Member Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited February 2013
    @Chryenth: That's a shame. :(

@Dorn: How do you feel about moving to Saturday instead, so Chryenth can make it? If you can't do it, then no worries. We'll stick to the original date. Sorry Chryenth.

@Katia: But I'll be sad if you don't come. :(

@Caeya: Are you still interested in coming? The more the merrier. :)

@eachofyou: I'm really looking forward to this. How does meeting up at Temple Meads at 1300 sound to you guys? I'll be the bloke stood by the barriers with a sign reading 'Text is Best!' :-B
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
    If we move to Saturday, then I'll do everything within my power to make it there.

If not,  :((  But, shikata gai nai - you folks have fun, and I'll try and make the next one.
    Lodi
    yeah... will cost me 70 quid on the train... I love you all... but... 
    F---, that's allot of money... :(
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
    I shall stay here and have a coke and think of you all
    Lodi
    I should be able to do Saturday. I moved my meetup to the week after, so this entire weekend's free.

What's the plan foodwise? Got to know if I should eat before I go or if there's reliable food places (which don't mind me pestering them about what goes in the food).
    Ah, I cant make Saturday now, something important has come up at the last minuet. :( What food requirements do you have @Dorn?
    Too many to list - I have a very sensitive palate and a kind of 'allergy' for textures, and the only way to find out if something is going to make me sick is to put it in my mouth. So I like to ask a lot of questions about what's in my food if I'm out, so I can avoid problem/unknown foodstuffs. (The biggest two offenders are sesame seeds and onions, since they get used in a lot of the stuff I like to eat)

So, is it back on Sunday then, or being moved back, or?
    Lodi
    Well, at the moment it just looks like you and me. :) I'm still game for meeting up if you are. We can try and arrange a later date so that more people can attend though.
    Chryenth
    Yeah, maybe we should rearrange it for a later date. No offense, I'm sure you're awesome and all, but I'm reluctant to travel that far just for one person.

Maybe push it back to mid-March?
    ChryenthLodi
    edited February 2013
    Thank God you said that. :) I didn't want to suggest it in case I sounded rude, heh. Mid-March sounds good. 16th or the 23rd work for you guys? :)
    edited February 2013
    Either could work, but again, I'd need to know which before the 2nd.
  • CaeyaCaeya Member Posts: 35
    Apologies for the delay. I actually only played here briefly before getting sucked into other things. That said, I'd still be interested in making it, for sure. I'm pretty flexible on dates.

Can we take a vote on something, though? No laptops allowed! There's nothing worse than going on an IRE meet for people to wind up playing their character! >.>
    Innovate or Die.
    Lodi
  • CaeyaCaeya Member Posts: 35
    @Katia - Come! I'll complement your claims of being a middle-aged, fat chick by being the middle-aged skinny dude. ;)
    Innovate or Die.
    MishgulLodi
    It's still 70 quid!
    Skinny middle-aged dudes aren't enough of a lure :P
    Caeya
    I'm not old enough to be middle aged, but I can be skinny with the best of them.
    CaeyaLodi
    I guess it's up to me to be the resident young fat guy then?
    CaeyaLodi
    edited February 2013
    Shall we say the 23rd then? :)

@Katia Have you thought about taking the Megabus down here? Its well cheep.
Sign In to Comment.