Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

HTML5 Client Questions and Such

1568101115

Comments

  • OrzaansynOrzaansyn Member Posts: 663 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Okay, I investigated further and there is really something going wrong, @Tecton‌ ;

    I created a very simple package:

    {
      "name":"ratting",
      "enabled":true,
      "description":"A simple script to keep track when ratting",
      "type":"group",
      "id":1,
      "items":[
        {
          "type":"trigger",
          "name":"ratting_on",
          "enabled":true,
          "id":2,
          "matching":"exact",
          "whole_words":true,
          "case_sensitive":true,
          "text":"You will now notice the movement of rats. Happy hunting!",
          "actions":[
            {
              "action":"script",
              "script":"client.display_notice('Kill! Kill!','red');"
            }
          ]
        }
      ]
    }

    and, I obtain the exact same error message than @Ruran‌ ;

    Error in Trigger Script [ratting_on]:
    ReferenceError: ratting is not defined

    This error message occurs only with a 'script' option, not with the other options. Also, I use the autosipper package, and I do not have any error message with it, even if its triggers use the 'script' option aswell.

    Where did I do wrong?

    image
  • MishgulMishgul ROTHERHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMember Posts: 5,372 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    i can't get scripts to execute from within triggers at all for some reaosn, get the same error as ORza

    -

    One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

    As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    Orzaansyn
  • MadelyneMadelyne East Coast, USAMember Posts: 95 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    I'm trying to set up a trigger. And I'm failing, miserably. Instead of trying to explain it, here's what I've done. The goal is to, when encountering a closed door, auto-try to open and go through the door. Thank you very much in advance.

  • OrzaansynOrzaansyn Member Posts: 663 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Madelyne‌

    The matching type should be regex.
    image
  • MadelyneMadelyne East Coast, USAMember Posts: 95 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    Many thanks, @Orzaansyn and @Tecton. Next question...is this possible?

    Setting up an alias through the HTML5 settings that does this:

    get 6 inks from palette

    inr all ink

    wait 3 seconds

    get all cookies from jar

    wait 3 seconds

    get all bait from bucket

    etc.

    Please, and thank you! 

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Mishgul said:
    i can't get scripts to execute from within triggers at all for some reaosn, get the same error as ORza

    This is fixed in the next release!


    Madelyne said:

    Many thanks, @Orzaansyn and @Tecton. Next question...is this possible?

    Setting up an alias through the HTML5 settings that does this:

    get 6 inks from palette

    inr all ink

    wait 3 seconds

    get all cookies from jar

    wait 3 seconds

    get all bait from bucket

    etc.

    Please, and thank you! 

    Should be able to do something like that with a timer - there are quite a few example of timers in the previous posts in this thread.

    Orzaansyn
  • RuranRuran Member Posts: 13 ✭✭ - Stalwart

    Madelyne said:

    Many thanks, @Orzaansyn and @Tecton. Next question...is this possible?

    Setting up an alias through the HTML5 settings that does this:

    Tecton said:

    Should be able to do something like that with a timer - there are quite a few example of timers in the previous posts in this thread.

    Would be pretty difficult to do; aliases in HTML5 do nothing other than 'send command'.

    The first thing that's coming to mind is making an alias that displays a line of text or something, then a trigger that gags that line as well as calls a function with all of the actions and timers that you want. That's probably a very complicated and roundabout way of doing it, but I don't really understand the system well enough myself to give proper instruction - but it WOULD work.

    Orzaansyn
  • DaennarDaennar Member, Administrator Posts: 12 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Mishgul said:
    i can't get scripts to execute from within triggers at all for some reaosn, get the same error as ORza

    This is now fixed.

    OrzaansynMishgul
  • MadelyneMadelyne East Coast, USAMember Posts: 95 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited June 2014

    Is it possible to highlight a small portion of text, instead of the entire line? Please, and thank you. :)

    Here's the screenshot of what I'm trying. It's so I can color-code channels and use one color for more than one channel, and still distinguish them.

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Madelyne said:

    Is it possible to highlight a small portion of text, instead of the entire line? Please, and thank you. :)

    Here's the screenshot of what I'm trying. It's so I can color-code channels and use one color for more than one channel, and still distinguish them.

    If you change the regular expression to "Contains" rather than "Regular Expression", it should just highlight the word that you're triggering.

  • MadelyneMadelyne East Coast, USAMember Posts: 95 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    It seems that the background color is what's giving me fits. It extends for the entire line. And the highlight only shows in the main window, not the communication window. (Not sure if it's supposed to be like that, but if not, there you go.) As long as I keep the background to black, it's fine and works enough for what I needed, though. Thanks again!

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Madelyne said:

    It seems that the background color is what's giving me fits. It extends for the entire line. And the highlight only shows in the main window, not the communication window. (Not sure if it's supposed to be like that, but if not, there you go.) As long as I keep the background to black, it's fine and works enough for what I needed, though. Thanks again!


    Hrrm, I see what you mean, I'll get it fixed up for you ASAP.

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    edited June 2014
    This is fixed, won't be live until the next version though!

    Post edited by Tecton on
  • KoressenKoressen Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2014
    How do I call functions in functions?

    I figured out how to call functions, but now I need help again. I have a while loop I want to do nothing, how do I make it do nothing?
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,917 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    @Koressen‌ Don't call it at all? Maybe you can be a bit more explicit about what exactly it is the loop does, what your overall goal is, etc.

  • KoressenKoressen Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2014
    what I am trying to achieve is a system to put up a few defenses my main problem is the functions that go through and do the action and change that variable for keeping me from using another until equilibrium is recovered from

    I try and use an if statement but it completely ignores it.

    Im not that experienced in java script, I do know a few things from previous experiences in C++



  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Like a continue statement?

  • TiselTisel Member Posts: 60 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    I wanted to add some basic triggering scripts, using the HTML client, but I can't get them to work right. I suppose it is something simple, but I can't see it.

    1. PartyLeader says "Target: Bob"

    2. trigger capture as: ^Target: (\w+)  regex, whole words, case sensitive

    3. Send a Command: Here is where I get confused. would it be "@set target @match" or something else?

    4. once I get that working, how do I access the target info? I can't tab, that only captures denizens, so I can't use the buttons. I want to use a simple alias, "ediron" which will expand into "educe iron (target)"

    5. Is there an easier way to use the buttons when targeting adventurers?
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Tisel said:

    I wanted to add some basic triggering scripts, using the HTML client, but I can't get them to work right. I suppose it is something simple, but I can't see it.

    1. PartyLeader says "Target: Bob"

    2. trigger capture as: ^Target: (\w+)  regex, whole words, case sensitive

    3. Send a Command: Here is where I get confused. would it be "@set target @match" or something else?

    4. once I get that working, how do I access the target info? I can't tab, that only captures denizens, so I can't use the buttons. I want to use a simple alias, "ediron" which will expand into "educe iron (target)"

    5. Is there an easier way to use the buttons when targeting adventurers?

    Hi Tisel!

    2. You'll want to adjust your regex - a caret symbol means that it's the start of a line, which won't be the case if it's a party tell, since it starts with (Party): PartyLeader says, "Target: Bob."

    3/4/5. To use the buttons, you'll want to set the "tar" variable, which is what the buttons use. That way you can just hit F1 or whatever you have educe iron set on!

  • FalhradFalhrad Member Posts: 8

    Howdy!

    The HTML5 GUI randomly fails to load.  At first I thought it was my overly-secure FF3x settings --> moved to Chrome Incognito and it worked fer awhile, then failed again --> moved to Chrome Idiot, worked for awhile, failed again --> turned off Peerblock, worked for awhile, failed again... and then today the GUI loaded Just Fine in Chrome Incognito with PeerBlock running.

    I'm just confused.  What is the HTML5 client looking for that I sometimes-but-not-always interfere with?

  • FionnbarraFionnbarra Member Posts: 1

    how do I see the setting tab? The gear icon  appears to have a very lock superimposed on it

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Fionnbarra said:

    how do I see the setting tab? The gear icon  appears to have a very lock superimposed on it

    I've never seen this before - could you take a screenshot so we can see?

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin

    Falhrad said:

    Howdy!

    The HTML5 GUI randomly fails to load.  At first I thought it was my overly-secure FF3x settings --> moved to Chrome Incognito and it worked fer awhile, then failed again --> moved to Chrome Idiot, worked for awhile, failed again --> turned off Peerblock, worked for awhile, failed again... and then today the GUI loaded Just Fine in Chrome Incognito with PeerBlock running.

    I'm just confused.  What is the HTML5 client looking for that I sometimes-but-not-always interfere with?

    I'm really not sure here. I only run relatively "clean" browsers (adblock being my only add-on), and I've not encountered this at all (in Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, or IE10+). Have you tried forcing a refresh in your browser when it fails to load? Are you running through some form of proxy that could be retaining old/bad cached versions?

  • NankaarNankaar San Jose, Costa RicaMember Posts: 10
    edited July 2014

    Hello everyone!

    First of all, I'd like to thank you guys and girls for providing us with the HTML5 client. As a really new player I can't convey how helpful it is to us. And javascript, on top? I couldn't ask for more (maybe Ruby but hey, that's not the point  :D)

    I've been working on some triggers to see if I can build myself some sort of system for my BM, Nankaar. I have two simple questions: 

    - How do the buttons work exactly, when using scripts? Are both the command and the script executed? It seems to be that way from some tests I've performed, I just want to be sure.

    - Regarding the buttons and scripts, do they work exactly like they do within reflexes? That's because functions like send_direct and print don't seem to work, they always throw "act is not defined".

    Thanks for the help, I'm sorry if I messed up, English is not my native language.

  • OrzaansynOrzaansyn Member Posts: 663 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tecton said:

    Falhrad said:

    Howdy!

    The HTML5 GUI randomly fails to load.  At first I thought it was my overly-secure FF3x settings --> moved to Chrome Incognito and it worked fer awhile, then failed again --> moved to Chrome Idiot, worked for awhile, failed again --> turned off Peerblock, worked for awhile, failed again... and then today the GUI loaded Just Fine in Chrome Incognito with PeerBlock running.

    I'm just confused.  What is the HTML5 client looking for that I sometimes-but-not-always interfere with?

    I'm really not sure here. I only run relatively "clean" browsers (adblock being my only add-on), and I've not encountered this at all (in Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, or IE10+). Have you tried forcing a refresh in your browser when it fails to load? Are you running through some form of proxy that could be retaining old/bad cached versions?

    @Tecton I experienced this on the iPhone after last update. I had to move the button to be able to click on it.

    image
  • PainePaine Member Posts: 39 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    Is there a way to turn off the map window in the GUI? I can turn all the other windows off but it feels like the map window is hardwired in. I can turn on the overhead map inside the main window via CONFIG MAPSHOW ALL. The issue I'm having is that when using the autowalking/landmarking feature, when I travel between zones, the map window has to "load" the new zone maps, and if I'm criss-crossing multiple zones very quickly, my browser starts to get pretty laggy. Chrome seems to be the fastest, which is fine right now, but when I'm using firefox or other clients and don't have access to chrome, the client almost freezes up from autowalking, trying to keep the map updated with my present location. 


  • SarapisSarapis Member, Administrator Posts: 3,398 Achaean staff

    No way to turn off the map right now, no, though we'll be making one.

  • BukariinBukariin Member Posts: 438 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    Is there a way to expand the Button interface like with the other windows?  This is so that I can have all twelve Function buttons labeled and read the labels.

  • BukariinBukariin Member Posts: 438 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    I should probably also mention that the Button interface is already fantastic - I used to literally tape pieces of paper to my Numpad with an acronym so I could locate an obscure hotkey like AEON.

  • EphramEphram Member Posts: 122 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    How are tabbed targets supposed to work? Because it is definitely not setting my targets.

    Also, this is probably a stupid question, but what's a hard refresh?

    Bukariin
Sign In to Comment.