Hail, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Artie bows worth it for a runie?

NerakaNeraka Member Posts: 10
Title says it all. When I'm not a shaman, I'm a runewarden. I'm going to start getting into group combat, defending mostly to start off, and I'm wondering if an artie bow would serve me well. I prefer the thought of LoS combat over melee in groups. All the noise really puts me off. I'm also a dragon, and I'd like to know if I'd be more useful in dragonform than with say... an eventual lupine bow. After those questions no doubt it's clear I don't particularly know what I'm doing, so, please feel free to explain like you're talking to a total beginner as far as group stuff goes.

Comments

• PyoriPyori Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited February 24
    Plenty of arties to get before a bow. If you want to LoS and you're a Dragon, use that. Breathstream breaks shields/prismatic, as well as does silly amounts of damage. And is still great if you do end up needing to melee, can't really go wrong with Dragon in groups- as boring as it can be.

• SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,026 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited February 24
    The only problem with using Breathstream as a Dragon is you can't be a Runie, I know that sounds obvious, but there are plenty if reasons to be your lesserform class in raids. I got a lvl 1 purely so i could customise it and not have to worry about decays, also -very- useful in certain situations and has gotten me a kill 1 v 1 a fair few times. Of course, Meteor arrows always useful too.

Bows =  useful. But as Pyori says, there are better arties to get for a Runie before a bow, but certainly make sure you have one at hand. 

Edit - If you don't have a rough runestone yet for faster sketching, get that. 100%
  • ZbacoZbaco Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Sobriquet said:

Edit - If you don't have a rough runestone yet for faster sketching, get that. 100%

Slightly off-topic, but how well does the rough runestone work? Does it cut the sketch time by 25%, 50%, etc.?
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,570 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    50%, if I recall correctly. Well worth buying.
  • KriexKriex Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    If effects ground runes only. Not including thurisaz othala and hugalez i belueve
  • XadenXaden Member Posts: 2,315 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Also hunting runes. It is absolutely worth it.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• TjayTjay Member Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Bow is definitely worth it in my opinion. There are going to be the defensive artefacts you're going to want to purchase first. But, bows play a big part in raiding/defending.

Sign In to Comment.