Occultist hunting

edited February 2018 in Occultist
Hi,

I was wondering if occultist was a good class for hunting? If, why? If not, why?

If you compare an occultist to other professions, which are better which are worse in hunting?

EDIT: I'm new in Achaea and really interested about...everything. I'm familiar with MUDs, and I don't have credits to spend, yet.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• It's pretty decent. Average damage, decent tankiness if you can afford the karma and you have a temporary big boost to tankiness.
  • Occultist is in the middle of the bashing class list. Not exceptional, not terrible.

You can forum search to find a general breakdown of where classes are, hunting wise. Knights (outside of the Sword and Shield spec) are to the upper end.

• You will notice a HUGE difference in tankiness if you keep Simulacrum up. 

I personally rate it higher than several other classes I've had the opportunity to play, but what must be taken into account is that I have a fairly decent set of artifacts which augment my defense as well as offense, so it's fair to say your mileage may vary.

Without artifacts I would say a solid 6 out of 10 maybe?
  • Thank you for the knowledge! I need to look into this.
  • Kiet said:
    It's pretty decent. Average damage, decent tankiness if you can afford the karma and you have a temporary big boost to tankiness.

Karma is no longer an issue really - not for hunting anyway.  I'm the laziest sod that ever lazied, and I keep simulacrum up 100% with no worries.  Upkeep is 30 seconds out of your day for every bazillion hours of hunting.
  • Illarion said:
    ..  I'm the laziest sod that ever lazied...
    That's not true.  This one time I

ugh whatever.