Hail, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Jinx v. Roar

SatumSatum Member Posts: 13
So I've been doing some bashing in Shaman as I've heard it's a very good bashing class, but I'm running into a problem. I'm not sure if I should be using Arius' Roar or cursing and jinxing to hunt. They both seem fairly comparable, but that's entirely subjective as I haven't really been able to get a good baseline test in, so I was hoping maybe someone already had the numbers. I'm also curious if it depends on things like artefacts, at the moment I have a lvl 2 collar, aldar, and 15 int.

Best Answers

Answers

• SatumSatum Member Posts: 13
    Chiam said:
    curse/jinx then arius roar on shield. alternatively just curse/jinx and trigger battlerage shieldbreak on shield
    So there is no point at which arius would be better than curse/jinx? Darn, guess I better drop quick-witted then.
  • ConnellConnell Member Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Isn’t diadem/quick-witted Arius faster at low crit rates? Not sure where I heard this so could be wrong.
  • MathildaMathilda Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    From what I know, fully artied-out int Shaman using Arius roar will outpace alternating curse jinx. But for most folks, curse/jinx is king.

<3 
    Connell
  • IssamIssam Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I didn't notice much of a difference at all as fully artied out (L3 sash + collar/l2 diadem) Shaman using roar vs. jinx. They're very comparable. Even if roar outpaces jinx though, the fact that you need to be quick-witted to optimize it is a pretty big penalty to your actual combat. I would recommend just going with nimble and using jinx. It's faster and flashier too which makes it more fun.

• ChiamChiam Member Posts: 144 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Satum said:
    Chiam said:
    curse/jinx then arius roar on shield. alternatively just curse/jinx and trigger battlerage shieldbreak on shield
    So there is no point at which arius would be better than curse/jinx? Darn, guess I better drop quick-witted then.
    no, not that I can tell. I also have a diadem.

Keep in mind that a shorter balance time gives you more time to run/do stuff in case of emergencies too.
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,550 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Chiam said:
    Satum said:
    Chiam said:
    no, not that I can tell. I also have a diadem.

Keep in mind that a shorter balance time gives you more time to run/do stuff in case of emergencies too.
    At the point where you're talking about comparing multiple fully artied offenses for bashing as a single class, "need to run in case of an emergency" should rarely ever be an actual need.
  • ChiamChiam Member Posts: 144 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited February 7
    but what if you get ganked :anguished:  or 3 slugs + 4 skeletons walk into your room

(yeah I agree it's a very minor advantage)
Sign In to Comment.