Adding Universe Tarot to CrowdMap mconfig

Hey

I've been working this morning on adding uni tarot to mudlet mapper but wanted to pop in here and check to see if anyone has done this before and is willing to share scripts. Also, what is the protocol to add things to the community version of the map?

If this hasn't been built already, I'll post in this thread later when I finish v1 of it. Be warned, it will probably be held together with duct tape and elmers glue.

Comments

• Looked over the thread on adding to crowdmap, all good there.
  • QwindorQwindor Fort Riley

It wouldn't be so much adding it to the crowdmap itself but adding it to the script so that it could be recognized to use that pathing option. It can probably be done but will just need some figuring out and testing before we can get it going. There are some other previous things we are working on first but I will check into it when I can get to it.

• edited February 2018
    If any tarot user wants, here's my super ugly fix for it until it is added to crowdmap. Change the goto alias inside mapper folders to gotoo, then create:

<div>--alias ^goto (.+)$

universe_room = gmcp.Room.Info.num</div><div>local final_destination = matches[2]</div><div><br></div><div>expandAlias("spe 1772 script: send(\"fling universe at ground\") mmp.customwalkdelay(5) tempTimer(4, [[send(\"touch azdun\")]])")</div><div>expandAlias("spe 10573 script: send(\"fling universe at ground\") mmp.customwalkdelay(5) tempTimer(4, [[send(\"touch blackrock\")]])")</div><div>expandAlias("spe 25093 script: send(\"fling universe at ground\") mmp.customwalkdelay(5) tempTimer(4, [[send(\"touch bitterfork\")]])")</div><div>expandAlias("spe 10091 script: send(\"fling universe at ground\") mmp.customwalkdelay(5) tempTimer(4, [[send(\"touch genji\")]])")</div><div>expandAlias("spe 8730 script: send(\"fling universe at ground\") mmp.customwalkdelay(5) tempTimer(4, [[send(\"touch manusha\")]])")</div><div>expandAlias("spe 20386 script: send(\"fling universe at ground\") mmp.customwalkdelay(5) tempTimer(4, [[send(\"touch newthera\")]])")</div><div>expandAlias("spe 17678 script: send(\"fling universe at ground\") mmp.customwalkdelay(5) tempTimer(4, [[send(\"touch caerwitrin\")]])")</div><div>expandAlias("spe 2855 script: send(\"fling universe at ground\") mmp.customwalkdelay(5) tempTimer(4, [[send(\"touch shastaan\")]])")</div><div>expandAlias("spe 1745 script: send(\"fling universe at ground\") mmp.customwalkdelay(5) tempTimer(4, [[send(\"touch mannaseh\")]])")</div><div>expandAlias("spe 9124 script: send(\"fling universe at ground\") mmp.customwalkdelay(5) tempTimer(4, [[send(\"touch manara\")]])")</div><div>expandAlias("spe 30383 script: send(\"fling universe at ground\") mmp.customwalkdelay(5) tempTimer(4, [[send(\"touch brasslantern\")]])")</div><div>expandAlias("spe 39103 script: send(\"fling universe at ground\") mmp.customwalkdelay(5) tempTimer(4, [[send(\"touch mhojave\")]])")</div><div>expandAlias("spe 35703 script: send(\"fling universe at ground\") mmp.customwalkdelay(5) tempTimer(4, [[send(\"touch thraasi\")]])")</div><div>expandAlias("spe 25581 script: send(\"fling universe at ground\") mmp.customwalkdelay(5) tempTimer(4, [[send(\"touch newhope\")]])")</div><div><br></div><div>expandAlias("gotoo "..final_destination)</div><div><br></div><div>tempTimer(10, [[expandAlias("spe clear " ..universe_room)]])</div>

You can leave the original goto and name this one something else, but then clicking on room numbers from things like room find won't use universe
  • QwindorQwindor Fort Riley

other than all the expandAlias's the clearing special exits would clear all special exits in the room that it started in originally so if there were any worm warps or other special exits there to go to another room it would delete those as well. I will talk with the other coders and see what we can come up with that will eliminate those issues and run better than all the expandAlias. This does help though as it gives all the output rooms and such that we would need for it.

• It's all coded up! We should have it in the next release of the mapping script.
  • Whaaaaat. You guys are awesome.