'Bastard' Surnames of Achaea

Was thinking of what last name to pick for myself and was curious if there were any 'bastard' surnames in Achaea as there are in A Song of Ice and Fire.
    IE Waters, Sand, Pyke, Snow, Flowers, Rivers, Storm, Stone, Hill.
Turned out I couldn't find anything similar in Achaea but had fun brainstorming with people what the names would be if there was a similar system in place for unbloodlined people.

Valley - Cyrene
Ash - Mhaldor
Forest - Eleusis
Crown - Hashan
Dawn - Targossas
Spoke - Ashtan

Were what I decided I liked best but also considered things like Falls for Targ or Port for Ashtan or Lake for Cyrene. I had fun brainstorming this stuff so I thought it'd be fun to ask what other people thought would best suit their cities as surnames for, maybe not bastards but, people who've not yet found bloodlines. Maybe throw out names for other areas besides the cities even! Bridge for Delos maybe! I dunno! Have fun!

Comments

• edited January 2018
    Not everything has to be GoT inspired :(

Mhaldor for one allready has its city surnames, and they're noble houses. You'd probably have a bad time trying to pass of a new surname as 'Mhaldorian.'
  • (Is not trying to implement anything into the world just a brain exercise that I had fun with and wanted to share)
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Gilliam Somebodytouchamyspaghet
  • Gilliam Sand

YOU KNOW NOTHING, GIL SAND!
  • Well, the Dwarves have "Bastard" names. You can take the name of your chosen clan.
  • I'd like Falls or Dawn for Targossas. It's an interesting concept!
    Torinn Chiragh, Herald of Fire says, "Good, darn it."
    Talamond Averial says, "You are the least charming siren ever."
  • Dawn is the first name of a very important figure in lore for the Good faction. Falls is probably more acceptable.

Rivers probably more so, but then we're completely ripping off GoT
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Xaden Falls (Over)
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Xaden Falls (Over)
    Too much potatoes and Guinness

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Xaden said:
    Dawn is the first name of a very important figure in lore for the Good faction. Falls is probably more acceptable.

Falls isn't good precisely because of the Xaden Falls Down thing. Maybe go with 'Spear'.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Nazihk said:
    Xaden said:
    Dawn is the first name of a very important figure in lore for the Good faction. Falls is probably more acceptable.

Falls isn't good precisely because of the Xaden Falls Down thing. Maybe go with 'Spear'.
    Spears are very Ashtani or even Eleusian with Sents.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Targossas is the Dawnspear.
  • Sweet, we're double bastards!

• I hear Aristata has quite a few bastards between Ashtan and Mhaldor.  Could just go with that.

I kiiiiid..  I kid

• I was going to post and say that the Lichlords were the bastards of Mhaldor, but I didn't want Exxia coming out o nowhere and posting 30 times in response.
  • Lichlords are the bastards of Mhaldor

*waits*

• Solnir said:

Lichlords are the bastards of Mhaldor

*waits*

actually we prefer bitchlords.
  • Minifie said:
    Solnir said:

Lichlords are the bastards of Mhaldor

*waits*

actually we prefer bitchlords.
    Saying Lichlords are the bitchlords of Mhaldor feels a little redundant though.
  • Oh yea, well you guys are bitchlords+1