Logosmas

This is my first Logosmas in Achaea, and of course I'd pick this time of year to be the Secretary of Events.  :P

What types of activities does your organization have planned, or do you recall any activities in the past that were particularly successful / fun for you / your group?  I have a few ideas of my own but I'm curious of what tried and true things are floating around.  

Comments

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited December 2012
    Mishgul said:
    we ruin christmas on logosmas traditionally.
    Logosmas ruins immersion, it makes me think of Agatheis, Aeon and Aeyr bringing frankincense and myrrh gum to the baby Sarapis.

Rly it just needs the flavour text edited.

edit: to answer OP, I suggested we do a stockings thing involving letters.

• I have to admit, I don't particularly care for it.  But then again, the food products that people make and fashions also ruins the immersion for me, but that's a whooooole other topic. 

• Erm the Sylvans actually had many different Logosmas events in the past. Try asking Lucine, she has wonderful ideas
  • edited December 2012
    Hrm, @Arlanda I wish I'd thought of that.   :P

Just curious what other people are doing.  Also kinda hoping someone has a "This one year, at lyre camp" story.
  • I strongly agree with Iocun, and wish that OOC holidays would give room to IC ones centered around thoroughly IC justifications.  The current Logosmas/Mayaween stuff seems far too gimmicky and reminds me of my very brief experience with games like WoW.  Some adventurers are doing a good thing with this; for instance, I saw @Dunn the other day "established" a holiday in honor of Babel saving the city from dala'myrr.  I say "established" because we have yet to celebrate anything, and we'll see if it holds.
  • edited December 2012
    Mishgul said:
    we ruin christmas on logosmas traditionally.
    Because of cats!

It all makes sense now.  Kittens are the source of all suffering.
  • I remember the stockings event in the Sylvans and other ones. Shan't list them here lest it is sensitive information.
  • It's not exactly sensitive to be be honest.

• Stocking stuffings
    • Anonymous letters of appreciation
    • Donations to Village/House as a mini Great Hunt
    • Essence donations for same (though that would be challenging now)
    • I ran a random pop quiz word jumble once over HNT and borrowed a dragon to gale delivery cookies for me. That was fun.
    • On the same vein, if Irmisse ever wakes up again, we used to always look forward to her impromptu HNT games. Man I loved being a novice in those times. Channel poetry ~
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Wysteria said:
    It's not exactly sensitive to be be honest.

• Stocking stuffings
    • Anonymous letters of appreciation
    • Donations to Village/House as a mini Great Hunt
    • Essence donations for same (though that would be challenging now)
    • I ran a random pop quiz word jumble once over HNT and borrowed a dragon to gale delivery cookies for me. That was fun.
    • On the same vein, if Irmisse ever wakes up again, we used to always look forward to her impromptu HNT games. Man I loved being a novice in those times. Channel poetry ~
    LOL... gale delivery... I didn't know dragons blew the cookies over to people. Thought it was veildeliver. And it isn't all too polite of me to list IC Sylvan stuff here when I'm no longer there. It's a different story when you guys do it. Haha
  • edited December 2012
    Never mind. :)
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    The Druids have a Secret Mysti Claus... we draw a name and give a present to this person anonymously.

We also mutter yearly about the holly decorations in the forests, as they are the same colour as forest fire... Please, keep your holly in your homes or cities!
  • Oh it's going to get celebrated.

• What about Mayannukah or Aeyranza? Or Sarapistivus for the rest of us?
  • Heathen.
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.