Reminisce

Ever miss having guilds? Overwhelmed by the plethora of options? Just a place to reminisce about a time when things were simpler, more dependent and very different from now. When plants were harvested by druids and dragons were extremely rare. When credits cost 3000 gold.. What do you miss and what has gotten better?

Comments

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I miss being able to split my cards in blackjack.

• I miss the class specific guilds and I wasn't even around for them
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I do not miss guilds. They were good on paper, but in practice the people that ran most of them suuuucked.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I miss the Ashura.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• I miss Makali's temple
  • I miss Tanris.

Damn careless bus drivers. :(
  • I miss not having to make complicated scripted tables with healing preferences and being able to compete with a simple system of triggers and aliases. I miss interaction between cities like collecting shards and competing outside of raids and I miss raids without complicated partytell systems.

I miss not everything being so dependent on having lots of credits and being super powerful.

BUT I also like the new freedom that Achaea offers now, though there is less intrigue. I love that there are always new ideas and everything is constantly expanding and exploring even without player interaction is already worthwhile.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I really miss the (Cyrenian) Lumeni and everything associated with that, including a lot of the storylines around that time, i.e. Theodelinda as well as personal storylines. 
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I miss the Sartai wars. Everything after that era was a detriment to the game.

Long live bladefire and pills.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited September 2017
    Clementius. Delosian Games. RIDDLES. Landmarks (roflmao). Shallam's cake-decorating service. Demian.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Prismable househalls.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Krypton said:
    Clementius. Delosian Games. RIDDLES. Landmarks (roflmao). Shallam's cake-decorating service. Demian.
    Yes, this. Jay was awesome and had some of my earliest fondest memories of Achaea with Clementius around.

The boon where someone hesitated and got a large blob of "um" was excellent. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    I miss the early days before automated curing and definitely automated offense, back when everything was manual and because of this artefacts and min/maxing wasn't necessary.  I miss the days where guilds could keep their skills a secret and there was a lot more depth to the skills.  And I miss the game before clans and we were forced to interact with one another only through in game and in character means.
  • Artefacts were way, way worse back in the day. Dunno what you're talking about. Remember web axk, and kai choke doing absurd damage?
  • Enfeeble/absolve insta. 
    Amranu said:
    Artefacts were way, way worse back in the day. Dunno what you're talking about. Remember web axk, and kai choke doing absurd damage?
    Those were after.  I played before artefacts were even a thing (the first artefacts were unique only available in auctions and the first one was with gold not credits).  No doubt skills and artefacts were added in the past without any balance checks which is why we laugh at the absurdity of them today.
  • Christ, that's old. Do you still remember pills and bladefire?
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Yes. D
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
    Yes, they added abilities before they even coded cures.  The initial cure for paralysis was to RELAX
  • I miss the Divine being more around too. I remember Pentharian, Mithraea, Miramar and Lorielan visiting Fish street and walking around. Or Phaestus appearing out of nowhere to flirt with the girls. Now it seems they're just there for announcements/ceremonies or to say stuff in ct. :( I still appreciate them being around though.
  • I miss the - dare I say it? - truffles.

• Achilles said:
    Yes, they added abilities before they even coded cures.  The initial cure for paralysis was to RELAX
    DON'T DO IT. WHEN YOU WANNA GO TO IT.

• I miss my friends.

:frown:

• Keorin said:
    Boring drivel.

Overall, the changes to this game over the last several years have been undeniably good for the health of the game as a game, but feel like they've come at the expense of some of its soul.