Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Questions regarding my class choice and "bashing"

AlecksAlecks Posts: 5Member
edited August 2017 in General Questions
Hi everybody! Achaea (so far) seems like a great game with some great people, and I'm really excited to dig deep into it!

Now, here's my little dilemma. Over the past several days, I've played a multitude of classes (everything except Jester and Sylvan). I've played them to around level 35-40 to get a feel for them, maybe note some little things I like or dislike. I figured I liked monks and blademasters the most, so I decided to play a monk to 51. Monks just don't feel... competent.

What do I mean? First and foremost, I'm talking about "bashing" (hunting monsters, I think this means. Someone correct me if I'm wrong), not PvP which I haven't even dipped my toes in. Monks feel really weak, maybe a bit stronger than the heavy armour classes. They also feel really squishy. To be fair, I haven't spent any money and I'm totally willing to if it means my character doesn't suck. However, I'm not willing to spend $1000 bucks for my guy to be mediocre.

So, before I spend money, can any experienced monks tell me if it gets any better after lots of time and cash? Or am I just better off playing blademaster? Am I better off playing neither?

EDIT: Shoot, I forgot about the class-specific forums. I guess I should have posted there, my bad.

Best Answers

Answers

• AlecksAlecks Posts: 5Member
    Well, that's unfortunate. Thanks for the answers! I think I'll stick with monk, it'll make it that much sweeter when I'm a high level.

@Xaden About the Knights, does SnB mean Sword 'n' Board? Funnily enough, that was the style I tried.
  • SolnirSolnir Posts: 709Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Yes, SnB is Sword n' Board, and it is extremely ineffective at hunting. 

Mindshell's recent thread (link below) compares hunting effectiveness across many different classes, but take it with a grain of salt as he is testing with maxed artefacts for each class.
    http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/5800/pve-analysis
  • AralayaAralaya Posts: 1,043Member @ - Epic Achaean
    edited August 2017
    SNB hunting is horrendous, just don't even make the attempt

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
Sign In to Comment.