First, I understand how old and tiring the questions get. My apologies in advance for asking another of them. I promise I spent time reading through the forums before opening a new post.
I'm a returning IRE player, having played fairly extensively nearly a decade ago, and once or twice briefly since. The game has changed pretty wildly, and I'm having a hard time getting back up to speed.
So, I need help choosing a class that will work well for my time and financial constraints. I've been reading through the forums over the last few days, and it's tough to get a balanced opinion of classes without artifacts
. Nearly every class discussion I've read compares classes with an assumption that several artifacts are going to available; I will probably never purchase one. I'm willing to tri-trans my class, but that's probably as much as I'm going to be able to invest.
With that said, I need suggestions for a bashing-based class. I do plan on getting back into PvP at some point, but realistically most of my time for the foreseeable future is going to be bashing and working on building a new combat system. Here are my thoughts so far:
- I tend to favor physical classes, and I tend to prefer higher speed classes in general; this is not a hard rule though.
- Again, I will not be purchasing artifacts anywhere in the foreseeable future.
- Blademaster looks appealing, but if the forums are accurate, they're probably not my best bet.
- Bard seemed to be heavily suggested and was my first attempt to come back, but I just can't wrap my head around the class flavor and is out of the running.
- I played Monk in the past, so I'm not sure that I'd want to do that again. If it's great, I may go that route anyways.
- I will need help! Suggestions for an active city with friendly players is necessary, and I know that some classes are only available for certain cities.
- I will have maybe at most an hour a day to play—I work full time and am also building my own business on the side, so free time is not a luxury I have. As a result, I can't pick anything with a high learning curve or a lot of time investment required (e.g., countless hours forging weapons).
Thanks for putting up with another of these threads!
- It's a non-factional class, so you can take it anywhere.
- Runewarden, unartifacted, is one of the tankiest professions around.
- Bashing powerhouse
- Physical class
- Weapon and armor stats are largely static now, there is no repeated forging for stats.
- It has four different specializations. It costs 100 lessons to switch between them, but it's still basically 4 classes in one.
For unartifacted bashing, I'd suggest 2h or DWC. I feel like 2h is a bit better but DWC is also very strong.
- DWC. Two scimitars. Fast attacks. PvP is limb breaks and toxin usage, will require some affliction tracking.
- 2h. Bastard sword or warhammer. Slower attacks. No real affliction tracking needed, combat uses special 'fractures' that you cure by applying health instead of drinking it. Very simple to get started with.
- DWB. Two morningstars. Fast attacks. No afflictions. PvP is limb breaks into a instantkill.
- Sword and Shield. The PvP is fun, but it is complete and utter dogshit for bashing, so you can basically disregard it.