Ironbeard

What'd ya get?

I think I got lucky...

The rowdy notes of a drinking song, faint at first, then rising to the undisputed intensity of a Dwarf On A Mission, herald the arrival of Ironbeard the Magnanimous who casts his beam of a smile about himself as he arrives.
"Ahh! You look like you could use some cheering up!" Ironbeard the Magnanimous says with a broad smile, "A gift to put a smile on your face, Kez!"
Ironbeard the Magnanimous just gave you a giftbag!

Like a minute later:
A hearty laugh is heard by all as Ironbeard the Magnanimous begins his rounds.

Thousands of tiny iron rings link together in a flawless pattern of sturdy metal to form the fabric of this heavy giftbag, rattling together at every movement with a noise like falling rain. Skilfully applied colour flows across the face of the bag's surface, forming the carefully rendered shape of a tall, square iron tower with windows and a door that open ominously into an interior concealed by shadow. A thin cord of some surprisingly strong, obscure material forms a drawstring for the bag, ornate little tassels adorning its ends.
It has 2 months of usefulness left.
It weighs about 22 pounds.
A heavy iron-link giftbag is holding:
"crate513436"                           a horticulturist's crate
"object513522"                          a sleek heron feather
It contains a total of 2 items of a max of 25.

Comments

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    what was in the crate?

• @Skye

The thin, resinous planks of this crate shed splinters from their roughly hewn ends. Square at the top and bottom, the container is much taller than it is wide or deep, and it retains the mustily verduous scents of earth and growth.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 8 ounce(s).
    A horticulturist's crate is holding:
    "object513521"                          a macabre pot of tropical orchids
    It contains a total of 1 items of a max of 0.
  • I got three clay chips and a pair of ethereal shrouds.

So pretty good, I think.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• A heavy iron-link giftbag is holding:
    "candycane460383"                       a group of 3 candycanes
    "shroud460583"                          a group of 3 shrouds
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    3 seftonium and a crated bone shrike.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited December 2016
    got 5 Lifestones and 3? Heron feathers.

@Sarathai

What do the chips do?
  • Senoske said:
    What do the chips do?
    Trade in for twenty bound credits each.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    Senoske said:
    What do the chips do?
    Trade in for twenty bound credits each.
    Daaaayum nice.
  • I got a shiny feather and TWO heron's feathers. TWO!
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Six candy canes and two lifestones. Pretty solid.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    A vial of permanent shimmering ink. Was rather nice!

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Kez said:
    @Skye

The thin, resinous planks of this crate shed splinters from their roughly hewn ends. Square at the top and bottom, the container is much taller than it is wide or deep, and it retains the mustily verduous scents of earth and growth.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 8 ounce(s).
    A horticulturist's crate is holding:
    "object513521"                          a macabre pot of tropical orchids
    It contains a total of 1 items of a max of 0.
    I got one of those too, and I can't figure out for the life of me what it actually is or how much its worth lol

• 2 clay chips
    2 lifestones.

Pretty happy though admittedly jealous of the vial of shimmering ink.
  • @Antidas it's a houseplant. It resets to you unless you drop it in a private home.
  • Kez said:
    @Antidas it's a houseplant. It resets to you unless you drop it in a private home.
    Do you know if it has any trade-in value?

• 3 artefact discount vouchers
  • edited December 2016
    Antidas said:
    Kez said:
    @Antidas it's a houseplant. It resets to you unless you drop it in a private home.
    It's unlikely. They might be considered minipets, and may be part of a collection, in which case they'd have a 5 credit tradein value. You're probably better off trying to sell it, even if you can trade it in, since I recall them selling for better than 5 credits during the promotion with them.
  • 4 candy canes and 3 lifestones!
     <3 
  • Two clay chips and one heron feather. Solid. 
  • 2 clay chips and 2 lifestones. Rather nice!

I assume I'll get one giftbag this year? I seem to remember ironbeard paying more visits but hand out less valueable gifts...
  • edited December 2016
    Stilll waiting for Ironbeard to deem me worthy of a gift tbh.

Edit: Bone Shrike and Lifestone.

Kill me; I thought I got RID OF THIS SHIT
  • Antidas said:
    Kez said:
    They do not have a trade in value, however they are part of a collection and people want them and the daffodils a lot

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Since it's in COLLECTION, it may have a PROMO TRADEIN
  • I got a heron feather and 4 candy canes. 

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Krypton said:
    Since it's in COLLECTION, it may have a PROMO TRADEIN
    it doesn't

• A phial of shimmering ink and a ball of seftonium. Not sure whether to use the phial or just trade it in though.
  • edited December 2016
    Two clay chips and a lifestone.
    Also since this is my first logosmas does ironbeard come only once or do the value of what he gives just slowly depreciate

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • In the past, I think it was once every 24 hours, but the giftbags generally didn't contain anything close to this value. This seems more like the rewards from the promotion giftbags bought from the website, so who knows.
  • Two lifestones, and a artefact discount voucher. A little jealous of all those chips.
  • I got 1 Lucrescent nut and 1001 gold. I'm ok with it though.