Kris

I shouldn't ask this, but I will.

I have a Kris. It's attuned to a Divine who doesn't have an order. Oops?

I really, really, shouldn't post this, because it's awesome to have one of the only shrines to Him left.

Thoughts?

Comments

• You're gonna get shrubbed.
  • Bugs should be reported with the BUG command, doing something that is against the hardcoded nature of the game could be seen as bug abuse.
  • Tahquil said:
    Bugs should be reported with the BUG command, doing something that is against the hardcoded nature of the game could be seen as bug abuse.
    Generally a bug is something that matters. The only benefit I get from being able to offer to a 'dormant' divine is that I don't get favoured.
  • edited November 2012
    No a bug is when code isn't working as it should. 
    Bug abuse is knowing something is a bug, and doing it anyway.
  • If he keeps offering to a no-longer-existent Order, and therefore it's a bug, is the risk here that it could somehow crash the server? We've had other minor bugs break Achaea before so maybe that's why it should be fixed. If it needs it though.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Wysteria said:
    If he keeps offering to a no-longer-existent Order, and therefore it's a bug, is the risk here that it could somehow crash the server? We've had other minor bugs break Achaea before so maybe that's why it should be fixed. If it needs it though.
    No.

I'd throw an educated guess out there and say that all the orders are still there, just cut off from us so we can't see, use or interact with them. Sort of like how most destroyed areas are just unlinked from Achaea and then the new area is just linked instead.

• Cooper said:
    Wysteria said:
    If he keeps offering to a no-longer-existent Order, and therefore it's a bug, is the risk here that it could somehow crash the server? We've had other minor bugs break Achaea before so maybe that's why it should be fixed. If it needs it though.
    No.

I'd throw an educated guess out there and say that all the orders are still there, just cut off from us so we can't see, use or interact with them. Sort of like how most destroyed areas are just unlinked from Achaea and then the new area is just linked instead.
    Bit like how the entrance to Krenindala is still there but the actual portal isn't?
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• edited November 2012
    Yeah, which is why sometimes wormholes have linked to 'destroyed' places.

Er, I recall Babel mentioning something about them never having deleted Gods in this fashion, and it was causing some unforeseen problems. Something about Mithraea's library?
  • edited November 2012

It's a sign that if you offer enough you can resurrect Him! Go, go, go!

EDIT: Insert "One does not simply" Boromir here.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Cooper said:
    Wysteria said:
    No.

Sometimes, very rarely, a godrole is hidden from public view but still exists as a persona. This allows the player to log in for whatever reason, although judging by patterns, it's usually something with pan-IRE implications.

That isn't the case this time. Both the roles and their orgs are well and truly gone, and the numerical IDs that once held them are now vacant. Temples and mobs would linger as you've said.
  • Yeah, the removed divine/orders is causing some bugs. One of note is totems linked to the divine orders/temples. They're all now owned by various clans, which in fact are not supposed to be able to have totems to begin with at all. So yeah... weird things.
    --
    Draekkar Ravenwind
  • Rispok said:

Thoughts?
    You should learn when to keep quiet. :(|)