Dual Wield Blunt: How many weapons?

So I saw a log of @Proficy chunking someone to pieces with what appeared to be FOUR customized weapons. I always assumed DWB had just one set of weapons. Does this mean there are several?

Comments

• Morningstars and Flails are the two options for DWB. Morningstars are slower but do more damage and flails are faster and do less damage.
  • Puxi said:
    Morningstars and Flails are the two options for DWB. Morningstars are slower but do more damage and flails are faster and do less damage.
    So it's possible that he's gone and grabbed four level 3 artifacts. Hrmm.

DWB does more damage to damaged limbs, right? Could the reason be he's prepping with the fast Flails, then swapping to the Morningstars for big ouchies?
  • You guys got that mixed up. Flails are the damage option, morningstars are the speed option.
  • Right well swap it around then. Is that what he's doing? Prepping with speed than hitting for higher damage?
  • Devran said:
    Right well swap it around then. Is that what he's doing? Prepping with speed than hitting for higher damage?
    Its really a matter of playstyle, morningstars are a must for pulp setups and faster prepping while you can be lazy and just smash someone with flails. Artefact weapons play a huge difference with this specialization too. I usually always used morningstars for prepping and used flails for group fights, damage kills and mangle locks.
  • Well I know what I want for Christmas now... >.>
  • Devran said:
    Puxi said:
    Morningstars and Flails are the two options for DWB. Morningstars are slower but do more damage and flails are faster and do less damage.
    He has, yes. It's a massive credit investment, mind.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    Devran said:
    Puxi said:
    He has, yes. It's a massive credit investment, mind.
    It's possible he's upgraded since, but Proficy has said in the past that he doesn't have level 3s. People just assume he does because dual blunt does ridiculous damage anyway.
  • Can confirm, DWB does ridiculous damage. And I only have L2 morningstars, no flails. But L2 runebladed morningstars with huga rune... hurts.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Now the question becomes does it do more damage than Two Hand with 20 str and Level 3 sword. I'm thinking it does maybe in raw damage, but considering you pressure health through fractures AND damage i wonder which is better at damage killing.
  • Dwb is the better spec for pure killing, since it shreds anyone with lower than fullplate, and it's a prep class.

2h is more momentum so it suffers in comparison.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Two-handed suffers considerably more if you can't get or keep momentum than dual blunt does, even though dual blunt still isn't great. The ability to prep into a mangle lock (or, let's face it, more likely straight up kill them with damage) with flails on most people means you can treat dual blunt as a slow prep class; you only need to build maximum momentum for Pulp setups. Dual blunt is a legitimate threat off of slow prepped leg breaks in a way that two-handed doesn't feel like it is, because it's too slow to chain them and still achieve anything.

As dual cutting I'm more worried about fighting a dual blunt Knight than I am any of the (admittedly few) two-handed Knights I've fought, because my experience has been once I get rolling with venoms two-handed rarely touches me.