What was your most frivolous Achaea purchase?

After finding out someone spent 6000 credits on a custom description they've not used yet, I thought it would be fun to ask what other impulse purchases people have made and why?

Mine would be 1.5 million gold on a "slave for an hour" auction just because I wanted to. I did not even cash it in for like two months.

Comments

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Morphing level 3 weapon (let's be realistic, I stole this one at ~1800cr)

Grand magi robes (fk you,  @Seragorn, I'm still eating ramen (3000cr))

Veil (I rage bought.  I admit it) 

Every single "slave auction" I've ever bid on.  Never once made anyone do anything (@Achilles still owes me a life time of runes)
  • I love this idea for a thread but the only time I really bought without thinking was when I put down a bit too much on deathcape pieces. No ragrats though. 
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • 4000 credit str gauntlets.

Selling 1k on market to buy a ship I've sank already...

The 10k lesson packages have been fun.

• I'm still amazed when people buy minipets, especially for more than 50 credits. I always considered them something you're stuck with from the globes.

• edited October 2016
    An artefact halberd. Although honestly, I used that more than I've used my artefact bow. I can at least pretend that the bow will be useful in the future though.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Austere said:

Grand magi robes (fk you,  @Seragorn, I'm still eating ramen (3000cr))

Every single "slave auction" I've ever bid on.  Never once made anyone do anything (@Achilles still owes me a life time of runes)
    You can still get runes from me, you'll just have to tank guards for a few seconds so I can finish sketching.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Achilles said:
    Austere said:

Grand magi robes (fk you,  Seragorn, I'm still eating ramen (3000cr))

You can still get runes from me, you'll just have to tank guards for a few seconds so I can finish sketching.
    Not gonna lie, it's a tempting proposal. Regular hours tonight, bby?
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    I need to create one of those "FREE RUNES TOMORROW" posters you see at bars for drinks.

• edited October 2016
    Shayde said:
    I'm still amazed when people buy minipets, especially for more than 50 credits. I always considered them something you're stuck with from the globes.
    Their true utility is in disconnecting an entire enemy raid group, if you have enough of them.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Nondecay on a bunch of items. I hate it when stuff decays.
  • edited October 2016
    Purchased pixie boots and decided that my outfit did not match. I spent close to 75,000 gold having a tailor design a jungle esque dress in one day and 215k in matching jewelry (earrings, necklace, bracelets, rings). I wore it for three days before getting sick of it and buying a different dress off the rack for 2,000 gold. XD

I also bought someone's stolen journal whom I didn't even know from a thief for 50 credits. There was nothing interesting inside, only some training material from my house. I returned it to her.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I think I'm close to having spent 2000 credits on an artefact pet, now.

Loooots of non-decay on items, as well as several custumisations. Next up is throwing a lot at making things reset in the manor. Also uh, probably anything in the manor in general, from the housing itself to the collections within.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Shayde said:
    After finding out someone spent 6000 credits on a custom description they've not used yet, I thought it would be fun to ask what other impulse purchases people have made and why?

Mine would be 1.5 million gold on a "slave for an hour" auction just because I wanted to. I did not even cash it in for like two months.

Knowing that learning how to forge blademaster swords is one of the last goals your character had is a hell of a lot different from being able to settle on a name and description. Definitely not an impulse buy!

• edited October 2016
    Trey said:
    Shayde said:

Knowing that learning how to forge blademaster swords is one of the last goals your character had is a hell of a lot different from being able to settle on a name and description. Definitely not an impulse buy!
    Different person. He said he bought it because it sounded cool. <3

• If you're talking about Torrent, I snagged that off of hi, unless you're talking about a different 6k custom in which case o.O

• Probably the cool bazaar deck I bought off of Trey and then had to make resetting.

Damn cool deck, though.
  • It's not much compared to the rest of y'all but I hated to see @severina her daisy decay every half year or so. Sorry to cut you out of business Ophilia, but it had to be done
  • Non-decays and customisations galore, although they're really enjoyable for me RP-wise, but a lot of people would consider them frivolous. Once paid 200cr for a somewhat rare minipet as a gift. Overpaid by an absurd amount for crowns once for a gift for someone. 2-3 million gold so far on giant house. Two extra ships. Millions of gold on raffle tickets for org raffles. A few tradeskills I don't use. Let's not forget the upwards of 8 mil or more gold on Legendary smith. Frivolity is the spice of life.
  • Most frivolous thing I've sold however definitely has to be selling someone a kitten for 300 credits.
  • Oh yes, tradeskills. Buying additional licenses before I've transed a single one (I do use them, though).
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Uh pretty much everything I bought before I had wings. After wings the stuff started to have more value.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I bought a credit pet for someone I did not like because I had decided to do it before it all hit the fan.

I bought a closed crate more than once to see what was inside. Regret. Regret was inside. Do not do this. It's an evil marketing ploy to prey on the insufferably curious.

And spins of the wheel. Enough that I don't want to count even though I have them all written down.
  • AereidhnaAereidhna Dallas
    edited October 2016
    Korben said:
    Oh yes, tradeskills. Buying additional licenses before I've transed a single one (I do use them, though).
    I use some of mine, but not all. The sad part is that I bought extra slots I don't need and can't trade in. Hopefully more new tradeskills will come someday!

And yes, WAY too many useless spins and Skye's mystery boxes. I have a gambling problem.
  • Haven't regretted a single purchase I've made, and I have pretty much everything that's useful
  • Aegoth said:
    Haven't regretted a single purchase I've made, and I have pretty much everything that's useful
    Calm down, Donald.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    @Szanthax @Aereidhna Sell ships to meeeee. Let your frivolous expense become mineeeee!
  • Aegoth said:
    Haven't regretted a single purchase I've made, and I have pretty much everything that's useful
    I'm sure the Holocaust king has guilty pleasures other than hearing the screams of Eleusians caught in his fire. Perhaps a secret stash of kittens? What is he hiding from us?