Allow smiths in an Order to create that Order's Order-themed weapons and armour

Hi there,

Very simple idea, but this event seems to point to it as logical: as a member of a City can make City-themed weapons and armour, allow a smith in an Order to make weapons and armour befitting that order. So, Lady Aurora's followers can make Auroran fullplate, a smith in Lord Phaestus's Order can make a Phaestean rapier, etc. I imagine restrictions would need to be put in place so, say, Babelites can't Phaestean or Auroran armour or weapons made for them and vice versa. But I imagine every Order would be interested in something like this.

Thank you for reading my idea.

Comments

• Yes please.
    Silvarien said:
    I imagine restrictions would need to be put in place so, say, Babelites can't Phaestean or Auroran armour or weapons made for them and vice versa.
    I don't think any restrictions are necessary. Plenty of order items (or order-themed items) have been stolen/sold in the past, and the fact that weapons and armour have the mark of the smith makes it even easier for players to police the selling of order gear to outsiders, without needing admin/divine intervention.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I think it makes more sense for these to be limited to cities and certain geographical areas as it represents the varied influences of the smiths across the world. You can have certain styles in cities or other areas that reflect that, but I don't see how Orders develop such a smithing style as they are predominately geographical in origin.

Instead of perhaps things like a Phaestean Fullplate, perhaps offer very specific, hi-tier descriptors that can be unlocked, which provide representation of the Order and what it stands for.

Maybe in the form of stamps or etchings which can be added to armour and weapons that depict divine symbols?

As far as actual styles though, I think they are best suited as geographical influences on the art of smithing.