Wallpaper with GMCP gif

Still a work in progress but I loved it so much I wanted to show it off. Starts in Ashtan, then road, clouds, road, hashan, clouds, moghedu. You can see the Balance, Prone green lights from attacks and battlerage button highlighting.

Comments

• Looks great!
  • That is incredibly awesome :open_mouth:
    Picture drawn by Calen!!  :)
  • edited September 2016
    It looks a lot smoother in game. The gif here makes it look really jerky and sudden but I didn't want it to be long so I just shot through a few areas. Currently I have 8 wallpapers and adding more. Trying to find the right artwork for each area is challenging but fun. The avatar on the health/mana bars changes based on class/race too. Blue dragon there obviously
  • That's pretty sweet Zulah!
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Thats fucking beautiful

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• ... This is making me want to use Mudlet.  You stop that.
  • All your stuff is neat... Looks less cool on my comp

• edited September 2016
    Szanthax said:
    All your stuff is neat... Looks less cool on my comp
    I've done some pretty good gui work on 15 inch screens.. As I'm sure you've guessed mudlet isn't my first in GUI work
  • Zulah said:
    Szanthax said:
    All your stuff is neat... Looks less cool on my comp
    I've done some pretty good gui work on 15 inch screens.. As I'm sure you've guessed mudlet isn't my first in GUI work
    You slay me :p

I don't laptop very often... Laptop for like hulu and whatnot... Although I do work on 15 at work.... It's stupid. But some people do dual 15s and it annoys me because alttab duh

• edited September 2016
    I've gotten a lot of requests for how I made this so I'd like to explain for everyone at once.

First: I am using the GUI I posted to forums not long ago: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/5067/forums.achaea.com/discussion/5061/zulahgui-free-easy-gui

Next: I've used the art packages as such:
    I went into each and added a "FRAME" label here you can see I've added the highlighted text to both the left and right art functions:

These are the frame labels I'm using a PNG with a transparent background so I can put any art I want behind this:

My left artwork is using the same thing:

Then I used the top artwork package to make an avatar display (remember just because the art packages are labeled left right top doesn't mean anything. They can be ANY art for anything)

Those are some examples. I have one for each race/class

Then I added 4 buttons that catch gmcp.Char.Vitals.bal / eq / afflictions prone / paralysis (Basically these are my main 4 can I move or not)

Then I made a script that is triggered on room names or survey and checks gmcp.Room.Info for either name/environment/area depending on what I want.

if gmcp.Room.Info.environment == "Skies" then

setBackgroundImage("left_Art", getMudletHomeDir().."/Extras/Wallpapers/skies.png")

setBackgroundImage("right_Art", getMudletHomeDir().."/Extras/Wallpapers/skiesRight.png")

end

I download a picture I like, split it in 2 for left and right and make sure to save it as a PNG.

I've also played around a bit with animated gif wallpapers and they look really good! (Like the diablo health/mana orb)
    But the setup on them is a bit more complex.

• Higher quality version and a bit longer, shows class/race change and a few more areas.