July Promo IG/OOC Trade-offs

So, I'm hoping not to get my hand slapped here, but I'm going out on a limb and guessing this is okay since there were no issues with people paying IG credits for other people buying globes. It's just a little more awkward advertising this on market to me?

So I'm looking for someone with an Elite membership who'd be willing to take 325 IG credits in trade for buying a ring of endurance and circlet of the will off the website. If anyone's up for that, hit me up!

Comments

• I should mention I'm also game for one or the other if no one wants to do both! :)
  • Might want to try offering at least the trade-in value of the arties in question if you want a hook? Not sure if you've worked it out, but that's about 365 bound credits. You'd probably still be lucky at that price, but you never know.

• With Elite, you can get 341 credits for the cost of those artefacts (one 300 package at 105, one 10 package at 5, plus the Elite bonuses). Have to offer at least that much, otherwise the person's losing out.
  • With the current arte cart both of them come out to be $110.09 (with Elite). That's roughly 341 credits. I did forget about the 10% bonus when buying credits though, which is why I said 325. But it's not 365 unless I'm missing something. So yeah, room for adjustment.
  • 365 is (roughly) the trade-in value if they bought the artefacts for themselves and traded them in. Although they'd be bound credits that way, so 341+ is still worthwhile.
  • Yeah, but I'm not going off the trade-in value because obviously I have no intention of trading them in and I doubt anyone would be buying them for themselves just to trade them in again. I'm going off the value of what buying them is worth. It also wouldn't make any sense to base them off the trade-in value (to me) because the person would still be getting their worth in credit value by my trading IG credits.

So yeah, had I remembered that there was a 10% credit bonus for Elite purchases on credits outright I'd have started by offering at least 341 (but more likely 350) because my aim was to offer a few more than what someone would be spending, which can be seen by doing the math I figured minus factoring in the 10% extra. 325 credits would come out to $114.98 and the artes cost $110.09 so my original offer was another 10 credits (at $4.99 over) basically. Not trying to rip anyone off.  =)
  • Nataliia said:
    Yeah, but I'm not going off the trade-in value because obviously I have no intention of trading them in and I doubt anyone would be buying them for themselves just to trade them in again. I'm going off the value of what buying them is worth. It also wouldn't make any sense to base them off the trade-in value (to me) because the person would still be getting their worth in credit value by my trading IG credits.
    Going by the trade-in value makes sense though because it's an option that the buyer has. If I was going to buy credits this month, I don't need them to be unbound, so there's no reason I would buy a credit package directly. I would buy an artefact and trade it in, because that would give me more credits than a credit package would.

Actually, I just realised that this promo also gives a humgii racing ticket for every 10 credits you purchase, making the point pretty moot. The 300 credit package ends up being worth about 420 credits.
  • Humgii tickets are not a sure bet. No one is guaranteed to get a single thing out of them.
  • Not guaranteed, no, but if you bet on safe choices you're likely to get very close to the average value (3 credits per ticket). Going with less than the average makes sense, but ignoring them entirely doesn't.
  • Then again, people have gotten thousands of credits off them, that happened to a Hashani just recently. Happened to an Ashtani a while back for over two thousand. Those are just the two instances I know of. Plenty of people get at least some out of it, and at 31 humgii tickets, that's a lot of changes to get something.

Bottom line is, you're probably not going to be able to get this deal done offering so few credits.
  • And that's fine, I'm offering 350 for the people who don't feel like gambling. I personally hate humgii tickets. It's why I'm still sitting on them. The whole process annoys me. It's not any different from people selling globes to people for 25 IG credits knowing that there's a chance they could get some artefacts out of the globes themselves that went for a much higher trade-in value if they kept them and opened them themselves.
  • edited July 2016
    Even if you hate gambling (unless it's the principle you're against, and not the chance of losing; I don't know of anyone who's so opposed that they would refuse to spend the tickets), with the current humgii race I can 100% guarantee a minimum payout of 60 credits from 30 tickets, which is a 20% bonus (and it's more likely to be higher than the minimum).
  • That still doesn't change the fact that people were willing to sell globes at 25 with the chance of getting things out of them that would sell for much more, be it pets, artefacts to use or trade in, or whatever else.
  • edited July 2016
    The situation isn't really similar though. Globes don't have much guaranteed value. You could get something almost worthless, and getting less than 25 credits out of them is pretty likely. Here, if I bought a 300 credit package, and there's a 100% chance that I would get 400+ credits out of it (with a smaller chance of more than 600), then it has a value of at least 400 credits. If I accept less, then I'm giving you a gift (at a loss to myself) rather than making an even trade. Note that "I" here is just hypothetical, I can't spare $100 at the moment regardless of how good a deal it is.

With humgii tickets, if you bet safely, there's no chance that you'll walk away empty handed. It varies with each race, but by betting on every humgii you can guarantee a 15-25% bonus. From the 3 races I looked at, the minimum winnings (meaning if you bet your 30 tickets right, there's no chance at all of getting less than that) were 80 credits, 76 credits, and 77 credits (I missed a better strategy in my last post when I said 60).

I'm not accusing you of trying to rip anyone off, just pointing out that your offer isn't really a good deal for anyone, so you'll have to hope that someone is nice enough to do it even though they lose value from it (and there are people like that, I've had random gifts from strangers of much more than 70 credits, but it's a lot less likely to happen than if you offered an even trade).
  • Well if and when someone actually wants to talk about the exchange, instead of the hypotheticals like all this has been, I'm willing to discuss options.
  • @Sena So what is this humgii-betting strategy? Cause dumping 50 tickets on the guy with the biggest payoff hasn't proven to be the best way to get filthy rich. 
  • Bleak said:
    @Sena So what is this humgii-betting strategy? Cause dumping 50 tickets on the guy with the biggest payoff hasn't proven to be the best way to get filthy rich. 
    Bet on every humgii, no exceptions. One of them has to win, so you're guaranteed to get something. Adjust the ticket spread to make your minimum winnings as high as possible (bet more tickets on the lower paying ones).

To make the logic simple, you can do it this way.
    1: Put 1 ticket on each humgii (don't actually bet the tickets yet, just keep track of what you'd get if you did).
    2: Add a ticket to the one with the lowest total payout based on the number of tickets (so if the humgii pays 20 credits and you have 2 tickets on it, that's a total payout of 40).
    3: Repeat step 2. Keep adding tickets to the lowest payout until you have no tickets left.
    4: Follow the previous steps three times, once on betting to win (guaranteed to win on one of the humgiis), betting to place (guaranteed to win on two of them), and betting to show (guaranteed to win on three), and see which has the best minimum payout(s).

Personally though, I think it's more fun to spread the tickets between 3-4 long shots and hope to get lucky. This just guarantees a good value (assuming a decent number of tickets) for people who'd rather not actually gamble.
  • Kinda late but, Tirac won ~8900 credits off of Humgiis just last year sometime.

• That's still about as unlikely as my winning two veils off the wheel :P Can it happen? Sure. Is it typical results? Hell no, or they wouldn't have humgii tickets because that's bad business.